AAV Jeep not AEV

CLynn85

Explorer
Yeah I've been eyeing their site for quite some time. I really wish we could get the lwb stripped down truck like that here.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
I too have eyed that site for a while. I am tempted to just build my own. I wish we could get a diesel in the TJ.

Colorado Ron

Explorer
So why not then? It doesnt appear to be that dificult. Getting the bench seats in the back are the hard pieces to me.

CLynn85

Explorer
I could care less about the seating, I ripped out my backseat a while ago anyways. The big holdup for me is the top options and a little bit of body work. The stretch itself would not be a hard one. There is ~8" section of straight frame rail right before the rear control arm mounts that would be the part to splice in to.

It's just soooooo tempting....

Colorado Ron

Explorer
For me its sooooo tempting BECAUSE of the seating. By doing the troop seating setup I can then mount the entire family. Add rear steer and you would have one hell of a rig.

billiebob

For me its sooooo tempting BECAUSE of the seating. By doing the troop seating setup I can then mount the entire family. Add rear steer and you would have one hell of a rig.
yep, safety regs now dictate the size of a family. 3 point harnesses and 27 airbags in every 5 passenger vehicle. Eventually self driving vehicles will solve the problem since a 5 year old will be able to sit in the drivers seat and accidents will not happen since vehicles will "talk" to each other.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Huh, There was also Australian Expedition Vehicles.... but I have a sneaking suspicion they're closed now :)

-Dan

jscherb

Expedition Leader
What was this thing? link no longer works.
From my photo archives...

TJL.jpg

The OP's post was about the hardtop. It wouldn't be hard to make a hardtop like that using LJ Safari Cab parts plus a new roof panel. When I was designing the LJ Safari Cab I made models of several roof panels before deciding which one I would make (I made the one in the top photo below).

SafariLJRooflinesW.jpg

smbisig

Adventurer
Looks like they have a JL version now, but the entire website is made with flash and I can't see anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior