Rig w/ boat Pics

georgiadrifter

Observer
50723650686b5ffaf64a906d836b3053.jpg

Morris Mule trailer with Hobie Kayak and Northern Tools ATV cargo rack and homebuilt bike rack.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
This was a two family weekend trip. My wife and our Friends husband both had to work late on a Friday. So we loaded two families worth of crap 4 kids two parents who could leave early Friday, and headed to the lake. Two boats the one on top is my little 13ft RS Feva euro juniors racing sailboat, I had the 9ft Avon hard floor with 2hp honda packed up in the trailer, along with everything else. The trailer is a LifeTime Tenttrailer the original ie mini Jumping Jack. Fun 3 day weekend. The other two parents arrived at 10pm, the campground was full by 2pm so our plan worked, we got a site but the last of 3!

IMG_1134.jpg

outdoornate65

Adventurer
I sold our Kayaks last fall and this year i'm planning on just using paddle boards. We have had this 10'6" BIC Sport inflatable for a few years now. It's a great beginner board with lots of buoyancy, accommodates both me and my dog. I would like to add another board to our set up, maybe a nicer solid board.

IMG_3464-L.jpg

What trailer is that?

mad4dirt

Please ignore the mud flaps it is a total of 80miles gravel road and 4 international border crossings to get to lake and back. Just trying to protect the boat a little bit. IMG_1742.jpeg IMG_1799.jpeg

mad4dirt

Try this again. Please ignore the mud flaps it is a total of 80miles gravel road and 4 international border crossings to get to lake and back. Just trying to protect the boat a little bit.
IMG_0483.jpg

refried

Adventurer
Please ignore the mud flaps it is a total of 80miles gravel road and 4 international border crossings to get to lake and back. Just trying to protect the boat a little bit. IMG_1742.jpeg IMG_1799.jpeg

From Point Roberts? Looks nice

RockRash

The early days with the Tupperware kayaks in cape cod, still good beaters. RRT for good measure
At assateague island with the Current designs Solstice single, and Libra XT double.

Attachments

• 368AA837-544A-4348-9700-E7D8FB7E067B.jpeg
    368AA837-544A-4348-9700-E7D8FB7E067B.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 34
  • F1A19821-8ED5-418B-A421-863396CF2DA1.jpg
    F1A19821-8ED5-418B-A421-863396CF2DA1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 29

ericvs

I like to classify my SUPs as boats. Maybe others don't think so, but these are fun pics!

Thanksgiving paddle out in the San Juan islands! Yakima cross bars and an Inno Sup/surf rack. Had this on I-5 at about 70mph no issues.
dCUVCsBh.jpg

Here was the year before. We ended up putting 5 boards total on the roof. Thankfully, we didn't have to drive too far. This was pre inno rack, so just some long straps.
9y5iO0xh.jpg

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I like to classify my SUPs as boats. Maybe others don't think so, but these are fun pics!

Thanksgiving paddle out in the San Juan islands! Yakima cross bars and an Inno Sup/surf rack. Had this on I-5 at about 70mph no issues.
dCUVCsBh.jpg

Here was the year before. We ended up putting 5 boards total on the roof. Thankfully, we didn't have to drive too far. This was pre inno rack, so just some long straps.
9y5iO0xh.jpg

Might get my first SUP in April. Yes I suffer from boat itis. 28ft Ericson, 14ft RS Feva and a classic 9ft Avon Redcrest with hard bottom pack.

Id love to sell the 28footer and build a PT Skiff.

Anyway told the wife 11ft or longer inflatable SUP. Were up on Lake Tahoe for a bit this summer 😉

ericvs

Yes I suffer from boat itis.

Anyway told the wife 11ft or longer inflatable SUP. Were up on Lake Tahoe for a bit this summer 

nothing wrong with a little boat itis. Sups are fun! If you go inflatable, you might want to invest in a nice electric pump. Make sure it will pump the SUP up to at least 15psi otherwise you will be topping off with the hand pump. We had an inflatable for a while, but then I tried a rigid SUP and I couldn't go back. It is, however, definitely different trying to manage a 14' long board v. a nice compact inflatable.

One important part of SUP is spend some $$ on a paddle. Get the lightest one you can afford, it will save your shoulders and make your time on the water more enjoyable. I have a fancy 1-piece carbon paddle now. It is night and day different from the 2-piece aluminum one I started with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles