A new vario project

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Hi,

I got them from ev-power.eu who were great to deal with. Based in Eastern Europe, so no import taxes and shipping was reasonable at 90 euros. The cells are easy to link, and the SmartBMS can manage 8. Have you considered changing to 12v system and consumers? I know the truck uses 24v, but in our last Vario we kept it separate in the back with at battery to battery 24-12v 50a charger linking them. Yep I’m uk based

part time nomad

Adventurer
Anton, I know what you mean with the 12 volt, but its all sorted 24 volt now.

I recon I could fit 8 X 90AH of the Winstons giving a massive 810AH presumably all my charging, solar ect would be ok with it? and the cost would be £810 + postage ect

Just not sure about the multi cell thing! does yours work ok?

Wyuna

Observer
Anton, I know what you mean with the 12 volt, but its all sorted 24 volt now.

I recon I could fit 8 X 90AH of the Winstons giving a massive 810AH presumably all my charging, solar ect would be ok with it? and the cost would be £810 + postage ect

Just not sure about the multi cell thing! does yours work ok?

You sure you will get 810ah?

if you are using 8 of the winston 3.2 volt cells to get to 24 volts, that would only give you 90 ah at 24 volts

Anton2k3

Adventurer
Are you still running 24v? So that’ll be 200ah of capacity. What’s BMS and charging system are you going to run?

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
400Ah of lithium will be great. We have 300Ah of lithium (Battle Born LiFePO4), and we are happy so far. I'm really pleased with how little the LiFePO4 batteries weigh.

We went with a Victron SmartSolar MPPT charge controller and a Victron BMV-700 Battery Monitor. They are quite easy to use.

Michael

part time nomad

Adventurer
Are you still running 24v? So that’ll be 200ah of capacity. What’s BMS and charging system are you going to run?
Hello Anton. Yes still running 24 volt, so you are right 200 ah but only drawing half the equivalent amps so equals 400ah at 12 volts.
The Sterling batteries have built in bms and 5 years warranty. Charging via Sterling b2b 2430 and Sterling inverter mains charger. 560 w solar at 24 volt via Victron mppt and victron load monitor. Still in process of getting it all fitted.

part time nomad

Adventurer
400Ah of lithium will be great. We have 300Ah of lithium (Battle Born LiFePO4), and we are happy so far. I'm really pleased with how little the LiFePO4 batteries weigh.

We went with a Victron SmartSolar MPPT charge controller and a Victron BMV-700 Battery Monitor. They are quite easy to use.

Michael
Same as with the Victron! Still installing!
All sounds good.

part time nomad

Adventurer
Hopefully someone may be able to help me, I have the webasto fridge, but I don't think it is working right

If I turn the thermostat to the off position the interior light glows at half brightness.

If I turn it on to number 1 position the light works fine, and the fridge seems to operate ok maintaining approx 5 c in the fridge and -16 in the freezer

If I turn the setting to any other position it does not seem to have any effect! On the temperature or running of the motor.

Except if I turn it to the maximum setting, it then cuts the motor in and appears to run continually (I have not yet left it running in this setting to monitor the temperature)

I have replaced the thermostat, but it is still the same.

Can anyone help, please?

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Not sure if this is any help but in our marine refrigerator that uses a Danfoss compressor there is a "Compressor Controller" like this one. Never ordered from this company, just was the first one I found on Google.

In the marine environment these are known to go bad over time so on our extended sailing trip we carried a spare. Never had to use it but would have been happy to have it onboard if we would have needed it. Not sure if this part going bad (or if you have one similar) would cause your problem but there really is not much else with these refrigerators if they are cooling that could go wrong. Hope this helps.

part time nomad

Adventurer
Changed the control module but still the same! Emailed the guy from Webasto in Italy, he suggested that it may be over gassed! So now removed and sent to be regassed and tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles