Bliss Mobil-Exciting New Expedition Vehicle Company

Maninga

Adventurer
I heard they were scouting around for companies to help expand into Australia, wouldn't surprise me if they're doing the same for US

Keyne

Adventurer
Love Blissmobil. Their products seem really well designed with very nice detailed features including:
- ability to base camp the camper box
- Fits in a container
- Water capture system
- Roof terrace (great for photography, etc.)

The only thing I wish they would do is create a version with a hard side pop up so the roof wasnt so high. They just seem so huge to me.

Cobra_R

Adventurer
Those things are pretty sweet. What kind of trucks available in the states could you fit one of their 20 ft box on? There has to be some sort of military surplus trucks you could fit those boxes on I would think

Keyne

Adventurer
That grey 11 foot Unimog looks awesome. Looking at the spec requirements it looks like a long wheelbase Fuso could work for an 11 or 13 food cabin. In theory one could buy the box and have them ship it here for install or go there have it installed and ship it back after some travel. Compared to other outfits their prices seem reasonable.

Last edited:

unirover

Observer
The Blissmobil are quite nice units. For people on a budget less than 6 figures, a Zeppelin Shelter makes a good alternative, especially since it costs about twenty times less. Granted you have to finish out the interior but they are probably a bit more rugged, a lot lighter (depending on what you put in them) and much cheaper. The smaller Zeppelins fit right on a U1300L and also fit on Sprinter chassis. Shouldn't be hard to build a platform for them to fit on a full size pick-up or Fuso. The larger ones fit on bigger trucks or can be cut down to size. I usually have the smaller ones kicking around at my place.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
The Blissmobil are quite nice units. For people on a budget less than 6 figures, a Zeppelin Shelter makes a good alternative, especially since it costs about twenty times less. Granted you have to finish out the interior but they are probably a bit more rugged, a lot lighter (depending on what you put in them) and much cheaper. The smaller Zeppelins fit right on a U1300L and also fit on Sprinter chassis. Shouldn't be hard to build a platform for them to fit on a full size pick-up or Fuso. The larger ones fit on bigger trucks or can be cut down to size. I usually have the smaller ones kicking around at my place.

Very interested to hear more about these Zeppelin Shelters, please.

Can we presume that you have them here in the states ?

If it is too much of a drift, would you mind to start a new thread about them, please ?

Would really like to hear more.

Thanks ! :)

Cobra_R

Adventurer
Anybody know of similar companies to Bliss Mobil? I love the idea but I feel that 280k USD for a box is a bit much...I'd love to buy the 20ft box and mount it to an HEMTT

DzlToy

Explorer
That grey 11 foot Unimog looks awesome. Looking at the spec requirements it looks like a long wheelbase Fuso could work for an 11 or 13 food cabin.

A 2wd Fuso FE-140 with a 112" wheelbase will easily handle a 12 foot flatbed. A long wheelbase is not needed, especially if you have a rear mounted fuel tank instead of the side mounted one. The FG wheelbases are not the same as the FE, a bit longer IIRC, which would help departure angle, but a long wheelbase can be a hinderance off road as well.

dubldee

Blissordie
Greetings! That's our build. It's a 15' standard unit on an LMTV M1078A1. We're getting ready to live in it (family of 3) for a while. Hoping to hit the road in July.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Thanks for sharing, its always nice to see the thought progression of how people make decisions on their vehicles. It's hard to tell from their blog how experienced they are or if they have had other rigs that shaped their choices.

EDIT: Dub, congrats on a great vehicle. Looks great and I bet you can't wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles