Lightspeed sleeping pad / Costco

Kelly Campbell

I had a couple of those Light speed sleeping pads before that my two boys used the last time we went camping. They’re great. And they’re still ok.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
So after using them a few times. In a small tent and back of my truck. They are too thin and I only weight 125lbs. I would need to double them up to maybe work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTaco

Adventurer
Thanks for the update. I think I will pick one up and try it in our RTT. The width is perfect and I can deflate it and leave all our sleeping bags and pillows up in the tent. I've only heard good things about the air mattres.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
But are you talking about the sleeping pad (which was the original subject of this thread) or the air mattress, which is what I listed is currently available at Costco? I assume the former because the air mattress is about 6" thick!! :)

talking about pad. im currently using a futon mattress and is so much better. it rolls up and for me i have enough space for the rest of my gear still. reason i got the pads was so i could double them for backpacking which it may still be used for but unsure yet. if i ever need the space or need to replace the futon mattress. i would consider the air mattress you got. i have queen mattress now (double height of standard mattress) but they are not good for cold camping. sucks the heat from you

jdillard

Observer
These finally showed up at our Costco, so I picked up two pads and the air mattress. Both seem top quality, though I'd prefer each to be a bit wider. For the price, they'll certainly do until we decide if we want to spend the money for megamats.

They also had these Ozite outdoor rugs on sale for $13. They're surprisingly lightweight, and will be great around camp...

http://www.ozite.com/products/retail/indoor-outdoor-rug/

Ed B

Adventurer
jdillard,

Was the weave on those rugs tight enough to be used on the floor of a tent to set cots etc. on?

Thanks

jdillard

Observer
I think so - that's one of the things I plan to use it for myself. It's felted, not woven, with a solid backing - think automotive carpet - and seems tear resistant.

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
we used those outdoor carpets when we had our trailer :) held up really nicely and easy enough to clean etc... and as mentioned light

aa2300

Observer
I just picked up some of the pads at our Spokane Costco. Fairly comfy, but even an hour long nap on the hip left me a bit sore. Here's a link to the pads.

On the other hand, the TPU air mattress with included pump didn't leave me numb! A bit larger but not enough to bother me considering I'm not carrying it on my back. I think the air mattress was $50, not appreciably more. Definitely my preferred.

OverlandKyle

Adventurer
These finally showed up at our Costco, so I picked up two pads and the air mattress. Both seem top quality, though I'd prefer each to be a bit wider. For the price, they'll certainly do until we decide if we want to spend the money for megamats.

They also had these Ozite outdoor rugs on sale for $13. They're surprisingly lightweight, and will be great around camp...

http://www.ozite.com/products/retail/indoor-outdoor-rug/

I picked up a rug today at Costco... The ones at mine weren't from ozite but they were very similar and will do the job... I plan on using them under the PVC floor of my awning room for an extra layer of protection..... 13.99 for mine in the gray version

tlin

Adventurer
Thought I'd check before posting and here it is - picked up a Lightspeed Sky Gazer sleeping pad today at Costco for.....$35. 2" thick, insulated (R 6.9) - it's this one (not my vid).

Not sure when I'll get a chance to use it, just sharing as it seems like a good deal and product.

edit......let it self-inflate overnight as per directions (first fill doesn't happen at 'light speed').....this thing is awesome.....only thing i can come up with is it'd be nice if it was 3" thick but first impressions are great.

Last edited:

tlin

Adventurer
Threw mine in my hammock last week when camping with kids (summer vacation has begun). Terrific!

Temps down to maybe upper 40's at night, very comfortable. Highly recommended, take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94