Toroweap Rendezvous

topofpalomar

Enthusiast
BTW, if you end up with more than you can accommodate we can camp nearby and not be officially part of the group since we would only be there a day or so. This is our ride we'll be in (minus the canoe).

CIMG0050.jpg

Captm

Adventurer
As for the Ranger he can suck it until the official National Park website changes.
http://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/tuweep.htm

I say we take 3 sites!
BEAR
Now why would you intentionally break the rules and screw it up for the rest of us? We were their a few weeks ago - mid week and it was beautiful, quite, a few other campers. We left when a sites 1-3 filled up with "un-associated" campers but it was evident that the were together and that they were going to be partying. I'm not implying that this would be the case with the EXPO crowd just that the rules are there to allow everyone an opportunity to enjoy the surroundings without interference from other campers.
Cheers

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Here we are just a few months ago (President day weekend-week). We had the whole place to ourselves and decided to park across from the "group" spot and space 9. We were not in an official spot and the ranger/caretakers never bothered us for the two days we were there.

Awesome place to spend a few days.

Hopefully the timing works out and we can make it.

Jack

bearman512

Adventurer
Now why would you intentionally break the rules and screw it up for the rest of us? We were their a few weeks ago - mid week and it was beautiful, quite, a few other campers. We left when a sites 1-3 filled up with "un-associated" campers but it was evident that the were together and that they were going to be partying. I'm not implying that this would be the case with the EXPO crowd just that the rules are there to allow everyone an opportunity to enjoy the surroundings without interference from other campers.
Cheers

Noted!

bearman512

Adventurer
OK folks we have 7 interested in going.
ExpoMike
JHa6av8r
Topofpalomar
Jr_Explorer
ETAV8R
Cummins_expo
locrwln
billy bee

I am a definite yes and just need to get some days from others. Somewhere between 28 Sept and 6 Oct or 10-19 Oct.
My plan is to stay 2 nights and then head to Lake Powell for a couple days and then RTB NM.
Please PM me with your date of arrival. "Don't want anyone tipping off the ranger unnecessarily." Just in case someone is watching this thread.

Last edited:

bob91yj

Resident **************
Put me down as a definite maybe. I'd love to commit right now, but I have no idea what will be going on ion my life 5 months from now!

bearman512

Adventurer
I am now going to push for a 10-19 Oct window as I now know the date I need to be in Las Vegas for my sons wedding.

billy bee

Adventurer
This is a shot of my old SMB at TW:
114742735_LQZ75-M-M.jpg

I might be interested depending on the exact dates. SMB is long gone, but I hope I'll still have my FlipPac...

bb

jonnyquest

Adventurer
I recently saw an announcement in the newspaper that said reservations will be required for all campsites there starting in September. I don't recall any other details. Worth some followup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior