Ford E450 4x4 build revival

xracer144

Adventurer
Hahaha... I’m still kickin around. One kid got married, both boys bought houses, wife changed jobs...busy times.
The rv has been constantly evolving from the original plan. I’ve had a couple different designs built out of plywood installed and removed for various reasons. I’ve committed to a rear bed design though. Large water tank under the bed at the back. Under the front of the bed is my dogs kennel. 2 of the pups love it. The big one refuses to go in and stay in. Can’t make everyone happy I guess.
I purchased dual pane windows from Sunview Industries. They seem like decent units. I have 3 of them installed now. The kitchen base cabinets are installed temporarily. I also installed the fold down sofa bed temporarily. It’s only a 48” long sofa, but good enough to test the layout. Ultimately I would like a 60”. I bought a cassette toilet. Not sure I will use it now though. I also have 2 other regular rv toilets I bought as options. So this is where I’m at. Using it as a race support vehicle more than a camper. But I love having a queen memory foam mattress for a full time sleeping area.

18ECF427-0C0E-408D-A1B1-1567565F3DA4.jpeg89FE70B1-7E0C-465E-A114-3C8ECAE38973.jpeg478411AC-D2F3-4274-9123-975F26A18E09.jpeg324BAB0F-2D04-4491-943C-96EB05302982.jpeg

xracer144

Adventurer
My next step is a fridge. I was gonna use a standard rv fridge, but I really don’t want to cut 2 vent holes in the wall for it, and going through the roof is out of the question. So I’m considering options here now. Any suggestions? Once the fridge is in, the bathroom is next.

java

Expedition Leader
My next step is a fridge. I was gonna use a standard rv fridge, but I really don’t want to cut 2 vent holes in the wall for it, and going through the roof is out of the question. So I’m considering options here now. Any suggestions? Once the fridge is in, the bathroom is next.
Get a 12v/120 one, so much better than an rv version! Marine or the chest style that everyone uses are options.

Glad to see your still using it! Thanks for the updates finally!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Healeyjet

Explorer
Glad to see you are using it for what it was designed and nice to see it is still moving forward!
Yours was totally the inspiration for ours.
Ward

xracer144

Adventurer
Glad to see you are using it for what it was designed and nice to see it is still moving forward!
Yours was totally the inspiration for ours.
Ward
I just reread your build thread. I like you you added in some pictures of various adventures. I have a small fortune invested in Nikon gear that I bring to different events with me. I'm always so excited to start riding, I just throw my gear on and take off. Then at the end of the day, I load up fast before my body totally seizes up. hahaha.

Attachments

• 664459_10152251605200088_478934631_o.jpg
    664459_10152251605200088_478934631_o.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 47

xracer144

Adventurer
Get a 12v/120 one, so much better than an rv version! Marine or the chest style that everyone uses are options.

I was looking at an Isotherm 2 door upright.

java

Expedition Leader

I was looking at an Isotherm 2 door upright.
I did an isotherm drawer unit in mine. It's nice!

xracer144

Adventurer
It was pretty warm here today so I got a late start on my work. Dash on my work van said 43c and with the humidity, it pretty much looks like you just stepped out of the shower non stop. I pulled out the 2 side wall panels so that I could trim their length back to a wall stud. Then I fit the 2 small triangles into the overhead bunk area to rough in the final wall pieces. I added some P-2000 miracle insulation (?) in the bunk area as that area will take the brunt of the winter cold on the highway. I had a piece of Puck Board left from another project and thought I would try that on the front wall to brighten the area. I like how bright it is. My pup, Squirt, likes to hang out. E8B52715-74A9-4A29-B37A-C96290862A56.jpeg

Last edited:

xracer144

Adventurer
I'm debating the idea of using the cassette toilet but having the cassette pull out to the inside, rather than cutting a hole in the wall and having it remove to the outside. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this either way? I hate the thought of cutting a large hole in the outside of the shell for the access door.

Last edited:

xracer144

Adventurer
I ordered an Isotherm Cruise 219 fridge today. it's 5 weeks for delivery. I should be able to get the 2 bunk windows in and a start on the bathroom by then. Fall riding season is coming up though...cool temps and sticky trails are calling my name!

xracer144

Adventurer
Any plans to run an Air conditioner?
Looks great.
We have a small room air unit that we take with us when it's hot. It fits between the front seats and runs off my Honda 2000 no problem. I run the manifold out the drivers side window and the condensation drain through a hole in the body where the camper body and van body join. Used it twice last summer and 1 time this summer. I had the camper body framed for 2 roof A/C locations, but I doubt very much I would do that. I have 2 inches of clearance in my shop door in the winter without anything on the roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles