Gitout.com - Ultimate Expedition Build - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

offthepath

Adventurer
You can build them up for as low as 2500 to as high as 4k. Then you have to spend money on Tuning, then labor to install.

Labor and install is a wash on all this when you do it yourself, lol.

By building them, does that mean add ons like reseviors etc? What options did you get on yours?

Did you go though King and then pay someone else to tune them?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is a setup I've considered and would love real world info. Monty power was the only person I've found that discussed running them.

Thanks

Owen's Journey

I love your 3rd gen montero. I looked through your whole thread. Is there a right up anywhere on deleting your rear ac and what was involved to get your rear bumper clearance? Also did you delete your rear heater core?

montypower

Adventure Time!
I love your 3rd gen montero. I looked through your whole thread. Is there a right up anywhere on deleting your rear ac and what was involved to get your rear bumper clearance? Also did you delete your rear heater core?

There is not. Lots of cutting and welding. Yes, removed the rear heater core and AC.

montypower

Adventure Time!
Okay thank you ill look into deleting mine

Here's the key... Mitsubishi sold the Montero with no rear ac/heat. You can either find a wrecking yard one. Or dealer parts diagrams to determine which parts you need. Not overly simple but so worth it. There's also a hole that will need to be filled in the floor. I just used sheetmetal sealed and screwed in. Maybe you could do a install write up for others...

Owen's Journey

Here's the key... Mitsubishi sold the Montero with no rear ac/heat. You can either find a wrecking yard one. Or dealer parts diagrams to determine which parts you need. Not overly simple but so worth it. There's also a hole that will need to be filled in the floor. I just used sheetmetal sealed and screwed in. Maybe you could do a install write up for others...
Wow I didn't even know that. Do you happen to know what gen 3's didn't come with it? I'm guessing the xls. And i will definitely be doing a write up. I have a few things to post that I haven't had time to write. Also for your rock sliders did you bolt yours on or weld them somewhere?

montypower

Adventure Time!
Might be XLS?? I bought all factory OEM hoses and connectors. The only part I had to do custom was the AC compressor refrigerant fitting. The non-rear ac models have a smaller condenser and different fittings for it. I just had a shop evac the system then took the fitting that split to feed the rear coolant lines and had the split off cut and welded. Local AC shop that can weld that type of fitting can do the work. Really the hardest part was the coolant hose replacement on the back side of the motor. Still did it without any major tear down. You could just cap the lines in the rear but I didn't want coolant or refrigerant running to the back and I wanted it factory as much as possible.

Rock sliders were welded on. Welded the entire length of the body seam with legs back to body/subframe. They seemed to hold up!

Owen's Journey

Might be XLS?? I bought all factory OEM hoses and connectors. The only part I had to do custom was the AC compressor refrigerant fitting. The non-rear ac models have a smaller condenser and different fittings for it. I just had a shop evac the system then took the fitting that split to feed the rear coolant lines and had the split off cut and welded. Local AC shop that can weld that type of fitting can do the work. Really the hardest part was the coolant hose replacement on the back side of the motor. Still did it without any major tear down. You could just cap the lines in the rear but I didn't want coolant or refrigerant running to the back and I wanted it factory as much as possible.

Rock sliders were welded on. Welded the entire length of the body seam with legs back to body/subframe. They seemed to hold up!
Awesome thanks for still answering questions

Soupy

Wow I didn't even know that. Do you happen to know what gen 3's didn't come with it? I'm guessing the xls. And i will definitely be doing a write up. I have a few things to post that I haven't had time to write. Also for your rock sliders did you bolt yours on or weld them somewhere?

My 01 limited doesn't have rear ac/heat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke