1964/1968 Apache tent trailers?

RKraft

Observer
I am looking at a couple older Apache tent trailers to modify for offroad camping with family. Would this be a good platform to start with it will be a slow process as time and funds allow. My plan is to beef up frame, setup with same rims as tow rig and water storage and ect. Any input and opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Randy

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
The door in the rear is the best model for modifying. No side door to get in the way of bigger tires or fenders.

Attachments

• !BytQz7gB2k~$(KGrHqIOKi4EwvEtig4CBMS5v2yNlQ~~_3.jpg
    !BytQz7gB2k~$(KGrHqIOKi4EwvEtig4CBMS5v2yNlQ~~_3.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 207

RKraft

Observer
Thanks Mark.
Now if I could just get the seller with the 1964 model to call me back so I can go look and most likely purchase it. I know my wife is not to sure about camping with out a bathroom since last time are had a nice big travel trailer with A/C along with all the bells and whistles. I want to show my kids how fun and adventitious it can be along with for when my dad and I go out west elk hunting.
Randy

RKraft

Observer
Finally heard back from the seller with the 1964 Apache and it is a Silver Eagle model. Just trying to find a time to hook up with him to look. Mark that's what I was thinking of doing for the wife and kids also for the potty set up, how does it work out for that purpose? I am hoping this Apache is in good shape he is looking at $400 for it has the awning so it is a nice addition to have. Seller also stated he replaced lights, carpet and wheel bearings so it should be ready to use until I can gather needed parts to start modifing for off road use.

Randy

TheThom

Adventurer
That sounds like a pretty good price to me. Realistically, the good price is what you're willing to pay. If you'd regret passing this up, then get it.

You MIGHT be able to find a cheaper one come along but they are often in pretty rough shape. Also, those Apaches can be hard to come by. I would say $400 is not a rip-off at all.

RKraft

Observer
Thanks for the opinions I will be going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully its nice and not rotted out, time will only tell tomorrow.
Randy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online