Faucet Plumbing

afbond03

Adventurer
Looking for some help. I am using 1/2" vinyl tubing throughout I have a Flojet pumping out of a 16 gallon tank with a cold to a faucet and a line to my Eccotemp hot water heater...all this is gravy. My issue is this:
I have bought a few different fittings with barbed ends to tie into my vinyl tubing and welp you've guessed it...the part that threads onto the faucet leaks. So I am guessing I need to buy actual faucet hoses. Now doing this anyone got a simple effective way to then tie it into my tubing? Tired of going to Menards a million times a day..not really but my wife is sick of it.

So anyone got some pictures of their trailer plumbing setup for their faucets?

kb7our

Explorer
Looking for some help. I am using 1/2" vinyl tubing throughout I have a Flojet pumping out of a 16 gallon tank with a cold to a faucet and a line to my Eccotemp hot water heater...all this is gravy. My issue is this:
I have bought a few different fittings with barbed ends to tie into my vinyl tubing and welp you've guessed it...the part that threads onto the faucet leaks. So I am guessing I need to buy actual faucet hoses. Now doing this anyone got a simple effective way to then tie it into my tubing? Tired of going to Menards a million times a day..not really but my wife is sick of it.

So anyone got some pictures of their trailer plumbing setup for their faucets?

I recently plumbed in a similar setup for my Chaser, also using the Eccotemp and going to a faucet mounted to the nose box through a barbed connection with 1/2" ID tubing. Several wraps of Teflon tape took care of a leaky 1/2" threaded end of the barbed adapter to the faucet and the setup works great. As long as you have the correct threads on the fitting to match up to the back of the faucet then the tape should take care of any leak unless I am missing something else that could come into play. I had to re-wrap the tape more than once to get the right amount to seal the faucet connection.

southpier

Expedition Leader
teflon tape on plastic/ pvc fittings has the potential to crack the joint- usually at the female fitting. use pipe dope to be safe -r.

if the barbed end is leaking, can you use a hose clamp? either Breeze/ screw style or crimp clamp (like the heating & irrigation guys use) ?

afbond03

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'll try the pipe dope since the Teflon wasn't seeming to get it done and it is plastic.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

kb7our

Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'll try the pipe dope since the Teflon wasn't seeming to get it done and it is plastic.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Ok missed the plastic note - using brass fittings here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior