Edgestar issue?

doc holiday

Adventurer
I bought a Edgestar fridge a few years back and it really has only seen about 10 full days of use. One of the last days i used it was on a trip to Sturgis in ther back of my truck covered and vented, as the days went on it slowly seemed to lose its ability to keep things cold and now it doesnt work at all wont even turn on. Its in almost perfect shape and im not sure what to do with it. I really want it to work again any pointers on what to check? Ive tried 110v from the house and the 12v from the truck also both yeild nota!

FIRE74

Observer
If the lights on the Temperature Control Module are not coming on, its most likely your problem, recently mine started acting up and stopped working, so I made sure all the power was getting to where it was supposed to be going, and I found that the 2 wire plug for the thermostat that goes into the back of the Temperature Control Module had a bad solder at the female end, and had separated from the circuit board (it actually would wiggle) So I just ordered a new Temperature Control Module for $48 W/free shipping I have seen that this is a common problem http://www.edgestar.com/Temperature...oor_Appliances-Portable_Fridge_Freezers-Parts

TXLX

Observer
Nothing yet but to be honest I've been swamped with graduations and birthdays so I hope to get to it soon

I have two edgestars, the one I received most recently was didn't work initially. I had to check all the connections and was able to get it working after that. The spades edgestar uses are way too loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz