Sending a wave from SoCal

seanb33

Hi everyone,

Sort of new to the forum and just thought id stop in to say hello! Looking forward to learning about the overland and expedition lifestyle. Coming from owning a jeep wrangler but wanting a tacoma to build an expo style rig, one that seems much more practical and enjoyable on and off road than my jeep. Here is a picture of my current set up (I am refraining from purchasing any more mods for the jeep) hopefully will be getting a tacoma in the near future.

It's a 2012 jeep wrangler unlimited sport with 35" toyo open country's.
my2u2eqa.jpg

Thanks,
Sean

mkitchen

Explorer
Welcome to Expedition Portal

Glad to see new interest in the forum. You might have more responses if you put this post in the Expedition Vehicle section. Also, your JK Unlimited can be a very nice overland vehicle so make sure that you want to change. Nothing against the Tacoma, I own one and have done a lot of travel in it, but it might be a lot easier to go with what you already have. If you decide to go to Toyota, a Tacoma or Four Runner is a great choice.
Mikey

seanb33

Glad to see new interest in the forum. You might have more responses if you put this post in the Expedition Vehicle section. Also, your JK Unlimited can be a very nice overland vehicle so make sure that you want to change. Nothing against the Tacoma, I own one and have done a lot of travel in it, but it might be a lot easier to go with what you already have. If you decide to go to Toyota, a Tacoma or Four Runner is a great choice.
Mikey

Cool thanks! I wasn't sure where to post it. I have found my jeep to be an awesome vehicle but I have had quite a few mechanical issues and I probably shouldn't have put so much money into it. (Two cylinder head replacements, 2 02 sensor issues, 1 catalytic converter replacement, transmission issue that is still unresolved, engine fan issue, etc...) I love the jeep but it's certainly not something I would want to travel too far into the unknown with. That being said, I loved my brothers '05 tacoma and wouldn't mind the extra space and comfort the tacoma has to offer.

mkitchen

Explorer
I agree

Just wanted to point out that you shouldn't overlook your JK. I too am very happy with my Tacoma and would not want to change out to a Jeep. Lots out there but I am still thinking that the Tacoma is a better choice for me. I love the room and the dependability.
Mikey

seanb33

Just wanted to point out that you shouldn't overlook your JK. I too am very happy with my Tacoma and would not want to change out to a Jeep. Lots out there but I am still thinking that the Tacoma is a better choice for me. I love the room and the dependability.
Mikey

Not that I'm overlooking it because I love the jeep and love overland type jeeps but the ifs in the tacoma is something I'm interested in. I prefer to go faster and the ifs will help me with that. And for those that have jeeps, you change one thing on it, 10 other things need to be replaced. (Just empty every pocket). Plus, the extra cargo room in the bed will be better suited for fishing poles, an rtt mounted to a bed cage and misc accessories. the tacoma is just an idea for now but we will see if I end up making the switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles