who is taking the rear seat out of a jku

Septu

Explorer
I plan on taking out the 60 section of mine once I'm ready to build the flat floor. I rarely carry more than 1 or 2 passengers. I only wish that the 40/60 sections were reversed, and that the 40 section was on the passenger side.

moto-treks

On the road
I removed the 60% side and filled it with a storage/water kit from Adventure trailers. I left the other seat for when I want to give a lift to a 3rd person or a guide.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I've taken the 40 side out on trips for comfortable standing/changing room in the j30 top. Also helps with more storage space on long trips.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I took my back seat out on the second day. Storage and dog comfort/happiness were my goals.

I built the two shelves with stuff already in my garage. Have an additional $12 or so in hardware from Ace and TSC.
Wife and Wundermutt both approve.

005_zps75f57c23.jpg

008_zps4aa6bc73.jpg

013_zps579843ad.jpg

004_zps60b34282.jpg

Beamer pilot

Explorer
That will be my next mod since the exterior is now complete. The 60 will go.
The dog shelf option is cool however I am afraid mine is a little taller, hard braking would send him through the windshield.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That will be my next mod since the exterior is now complete. The 60 will go.
The dog shelf option is cool however I am afraid mine is a little taller, hard braking would send him through the windshield.
I've been thinking about one of these --- not sure how the dog would like it though.
http://www.autoanything.com/pet-travel/69A5656A0A0.aspx
She usually sits on her little memory foam mat and is content to stare out the window. But she often stands with her front paws on the armrest and I'm concerned about the ballistic potential of that pose in an accident...

Beamer pilot

Explorer
I've been thinking about one of these --- not sure how the dog would like it though.
http://www.autoanything.com/pet-travel/69A5656A0A0.aspx
She usually sits on her little memory foam mat and is content to stare out the window. But she often stands with her front paws on the armrest and I'm concerned about the ballistic potential of that pose in an accident...

No... not an options, never get my ears licked and washed with that in place! lol by the dog I mean...
Price is right...

flatboat

cleats

Walmart specials $5.00 for the cleats ,so handy ,I run without top and doors all summer , the lockable part is nice . I put the net on there for small stuff , mostly to keep stuff from rolling out , the rear seat was of no use to me. the open floor really works a lot better .

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Walmart specials $5.00 for the cleats ,so handy ,I run without top and doors all summer , the lockable part is nice . I put the net on there for small stuff , mostly to keep stuff from rolling out , the rear seat was of no use to me. the open floor really works a lot better .

Sweet! The bungy webs are a great way to hold things in place too! Nice work.

In the Grand Cherokee we used the back seat... once. The rest of the time it was down flat for the dogs.
This "floor" modification is very high on the list for the Wrangler. In the mean time I cut and stacked two pieces of 1/8" tempered hard board (wedged side to side) to cover the gap, and threw an old comforter over the whole thing to provide some paws-itive traction.

flatboat

flat floor

Thanks A local welding shop made it. Dropped the jeep off one day picked it up the next . 1/8" plate welded together , bolts in to existing seat bolts . I added locks and tie down points . Carpet is like the fuzzy part of Velcro . If you don't want stuff to move just put industrial Velcro hook part on it and you will have to work to get it up. I used the jeep as my mobile office in some pretty rugged terrain on pipelines , printer .filing cabinet. inverter and Wilson booster were all stuck down . the front passenger seat was also removed and made another flat floor piece that makes the floor flat from front to back . With that seat out I guess you could sleep quite comfortably .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz