ZeMax's M100 serie trailer

ZeMax

Observer
So here is the start of my project :wings:

I'm not sure what model is that trailer, pretty sure it'S a M100 serie as the frame doesn't seem to be bolted on. No data plate either. What do you guys think ?
The plans are Lid, outside AT style stove box\kitchen setup, Refrigerator running on batteries with 5-6 days worth of autonomy.

Trailer1.jpg

Trailer2.jpg

Trailer3.jpg

Trailer4.jpg

Trailer5.jpg

Trailer6.jpg

Trailer7.jpg

ZeMax

Observer
Can't seem to make the pictures work. Used the built-in insert image button but it won't let me upload from my computer. I have to go to basic uploader and once I choose I file It doesn't do anything.

Tried sharing with the url fonction and all I see are question marks

Educate me ? Using Safari and a Mac.

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Very nice all original model Original lunette and casting, landing leg, hand brake and wheels.
Now to tear it apart sand blast it to like new and EXPO it! Very nice find.

Congradulations and Welcome!

ezzzzzzz

Observer
Great potential there. I'll admit that I'm not the most trailer savvy but I've never seen a M100 with round fenders and lunette ring.

ZeMax

Observer
First thing on my list weld cracks, holes and modify the tongue to accomadate a regular ball hitch. Maybe add a little extension so I can open the swing door on my Rav4. So lunette, casting and the leg will be up for sale at one point.

Already got a quote for sandblasting and powdercoating. Turn out it'll be cheaper then buying the required hardware to do the job myself.

Thinking going with a http://www.harborfreight.com/2-34-cu-ft-steel-trailer-tongue-box-60302.html as it seems very popular with this kind of build. Seems like i'll be able to stick big enough of a battery to last 5 days on the fridge.

Plans for the lid are using 3/4 inch tubing with 16 GA sheets. I'll be doing a tub trim square off frame since it is quite banged up. Would 1 inch by 1 inch be good enought for the L steel stock?

Having a hard time locating good hinges for my cover. Anybody as a suggestion ?

ZeMax

Observer
Guy told me it might be a M115. I personnaly have no clue. What are you thinking ? it'S a M416 ? The brake handle doesn't look like the M416 I've seen surfing the net trying to identify this bugger.

WMPhoto

Observer
I'm pretty sure you are right that it is a M100. The brake handle and round fenders say that it is a m100.

ZeMax

Observer
Good to know, thank you.

Then I can order my wheel bearings now. Got another one for you knowledgeable folks: what's the axle rating on these things ? I've found load figures for the whole trailer (dry land, amphibious operation,etc) but nothing on the axle per say. Would like to know before I get teh thing blasted and powdercoated.

ZeMax

Observer
m115 is the chassis of the m100. The hand brake is assembled incorrectly on yours.

Good to know. Yeah the hand brake is just hanging there. Didn't have time to have a good look at it. Next Monday will be my first day of work on it.

ZeMax

Observer
Alright so Day 1 of actual work on Ze trailer. I knew my trailer required quite a bit of TLC but I wasn't expected to run into sabotage from one of the previous owner. Somebody "fixed" a lot of thing with bondo type material and really crappy welds. Well off they went !

Will have to replace the right hand side 1 inches tubing under the tub and waiting to talk with my friend about the front panel. Either try and rework what was done or take everything off then re-do it properly.
2014-05-12 10.48.27.jpg2014-05-12 12.15.59.jpg2014-05-12 14.41.49.jpg2014-05-12 15.20.14.jpg

Was fun to finally get things started.

ZeMax

Observer
Been trying to google my to finding the axle rating for the trailer with no luck. Anybody would know what it would be ?

Would like to know before I order (if I can find some) spacers to fit Toyota wheels on it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz