Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer
Curious - which has a slimmer fit the Lithos or the Aeros? I find that with my Kuhl pants I'm tired of the baggy/boxy look and looking for something more tapered.

Aeros are a slimmer fit and slightly more tapered, but they are also made from lighter weight materials so they fit somewhat differently than the Lithos. The Aeros also definitely taper to a smaller ankle/pants leg bottom. My 28” Aeros end at the top of my slip on sketchers and cover my mid rise boots nicely with no break. My 30” leg Aeros bag slightly on the top of my sketchers but stop short of touching the sole in the rear. They have a small double break on the front and a small break in the rear when wearing boots.

I occasionally wear knee pads outdoors in all kinds of conditions while being very active and I wear them tight with each having a thicker fabric strap and a thinner but tighter elastic strap. There’s definitely more material bunched up with the Lithos than with the Aeros. So definitely more taper and more fitted overall with the Aeros, but both are comfortable

The Lithos are made from heavier fabric, but also are tapered slightly more than the Kuhl pants in my opinion. I think Kuhl tapers from the knee and these Propper pants may taper from the mid thigh?

I think the Aeros are a “better in some ways” copy of the tapered Kuhl Revolver Rogue pants but with two additional zipper pockets, and no coin pocket. The Lithos are very similar to the tapered Kuhl Free Ryder but are much more comfortable with softer fabric, slightly more fitted and stretchy ….seemingly so far….without sacrificing durability.

Please give us a report on the Fall Ravens ! I have to try a pair of those. A couple of my friends have been sticking with the brand after trying them. Same guys who didn’t believe I only paid 45 bucks for my Propper pants! Lol.

Last edited:

SBSYNCRO

Aeros are a slimmer fit and slightly more tapered, but they are also made from lighter weight materials so they fit somewhat differently than the Lithos. The Aeros also definitely taper to a smaller ankle/pants leg bottom. My 28” Aeros end at the top of my slip on sketchers and cover my mid rise boots nicely with no break. My 30” leg Aeros bag slightly on the top of my sketchers but stop short of touching the sole in the rear. They have a small double break on the front and a small break in the rear when wearing boots.

Thanks again for the detailed comments. It prompted me to do a deep dive on both of these pants and subsequently realize I already have 4 or 5 pairs of each of these pants. But with the Kuhl logo on them! haha. They are literally identical to the Kuhl Ryder (Lithos) and Kuhl Renegade (Aeros). Wish I'd known that earlier, as I could have saved a few hundred bucks! One thing I don't like about the Kuhl's (or the Propper copies) is the damned contrast stitching. Looks too much like Toughskins kid's jeans, IMO.

Timcampsallover

Tree top flyer
Thanks again for the detailed comments. It prompted me to do a deep dive on both of these pants and subsequently realize I already have 4 or 5 pairs of each of these pants. But with the Kuhl logo on them! haha. They are literally identical to the Kuhl Ryder (Lithos) and Kuhl Renegade (Aeros). Wish I'd known that earlier, as I could have saved a few hundred bucks! One thing I don't like about the Kuhl's (or the Propper copies) is the damned contrast stitching. Looks too much like Toughskins kid's jeans, IMO.
Lol. Yep. 1/2 or less as much is a big savings. I do like the Propper “version” of both pants though and there are enough differences to keep me buying the Propper version of each going forward. I hadn’t thought about the Toughskins but you are spot on there. ?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Smile.....If they don't have Nomex/Kevlar in them they're just tacticool/Range wear or serious paintball wear.......lol.
My wife gave my Nomex Simpson racing shoes to Goodwill ---- said that since we don't own sportscars anymore or anything to take to the track that I didn't need them.
And I said, "oh yeah? What about Lotto? When we hit I'll have to search all over for another pair in a size 14."

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
My wife gave my Nomex Simpson racing shoes to Goodwill ---- said that since we don't own sportscars anymore or anything to take to the track that I didn't need them.
And I said, "oh yeah? What about Lotto? When we hit I'll have to search all over for another pair in a size 14."

Ouch......that hurt! Didn't she realize how cool you'd be wearing those into Starbucks on a nice Saturday? Sorry for your loss!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles