Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

I am switching out all of my jeans in favor of more comfortable pants. I have 2 pairs of Columbia pants now that are fantastic, and my BG craighoppers are great but they came in the wrong size so I have to re sell and get the proper size. I am looking for other recommendations for NON jeans pants that are comfortable.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
For what purpose? I.e. for work, casual?

I'm an engineer, working in a business casual environment, so I wear a lot of chinos and khakis.

In my last gig, before I was conscious of the fact that I always dressed like an engineer, I lived in several pairs of tactical cargo pants. Comfortable and functional, but not flattering at all.

I'd say that fit is as important for comfort as type of pants is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Toyotero

Explorer
I too have been moving away from wearing jeans in the last year or so.

I recently got a pair of Carhartt pants. I always thought the fabric of their products would be stiff and thick denim... on the contrary they are the most comfortable pants I've ever had. They come in great colors too. I like them so much, I now have 4 pair. They are also fairly inexpensive at around $40 each.

c26-B004NNUW26-2-l.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Wash...l&ie=UTF8&qid=1385237807&sr=1-1&keywords=b324

Last edited:

ComPilot

TAD Design

You might want to check out these guys.......https://tripleaughtdesign.com/

I am in the same boat as you. Jeans just aren't my personal preference anymore. I wanted something that looked good, felt comfortable, and would last awhile. I started out with a couple of pairs of the Covert RS Pants, immediately fell in love, and now I have a pair of the Legionnaire's and the Spartan's. They can take a beating, clean up nice, and the Spartan's look like dress slacks. You really have to be up close to tell that they are Rip Stop material. I have fallen in love with this brand so much that I have purchased a ton from them in the past 6 months. My wallet is hurting a bit now, but I don't regret the purchases one bit. Their stuff isn't cheap, but the old adage is "Buy Quality, and only cry once, Buy Crap, and cry many times over". Even my wife loves their stuff, she likes how they fit me (she doesn't know how much I paid though). They are constantly evolving their product line based off feedback from us. I called their customer service number once to ask a technical question about one of their packs, I ended up talking to one of the owners. We chewed the fat for almost an hour about alot of the different products they offer, and he was able to answer all of my questions and I never felt any "brush off" that you get from larger companies. I am sure that some of the other pants offered in this thread are nice, but try calling Carhartt or Prana customer service and getting someone that actually KNOWS the product and actually gives a hoot about the product.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I,too, love my Columbia pants. I also love my Mountain Khakis. I have a set of Carharts, too. The Mountain Khakis are more comfortable, however, but that's mostly because they're not as heavy duty or stiff.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I'm a Carhartt's person, too. I usually get the duck fabric in dungaree fit instead of the twill, I wear stuff out too fast to get anything lighter.

hansrober

Adventurer
5.11 TacLite Pro for me. I have plenty of 'em in pants and shorts.
It must be something in the water. I have been trying to ditch jeans recently and have found the 5.11 Taclite Pro pants to be awesome. The new jeans seem to be very thin and fragile. Its funny when I tried to shop for jeans in my size I mostly found skinny jeans or supper baggy cuts. Good grief it seems I am behind the times in the world of fashion.:costumed-smiley-007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste