Switching my life to "not Jeans". Can I get some recomendations for good NON JEANS

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Love it...purchased NOT JEANS...ha ha. I am now in a clothes buying hold...I have 30 lbs gone since I started this thread. I was 236 lbs I am now 204. Goal is 175, so until I reach it, I am not buying new clothes. Lots of awesome choices mentioned here tho!

justbecause

perpetually lost
I ordered a pair of Kuhl outsider pants (their waxed cotton/nylon/spandex material) they are very comfortable and will more than likely be worn continuously when not at work.
The "cell phone" pocket is too big. I can't carry my knife and flashlight in it because it is so floppy; a galaxy s5 active with case fits with too much room to spare. There is almost no retention and I am sure the phone could fall out given an opportunity.

I should have ordered a size smaller. 2/3s of my Kuhl pants have been a full size larger than the tag. I thought the last pair was a glitch, I'll know for next time.

These are supposedly cut for "big legs and thighs" which I do not have... I was hesitant to buy them for that reason but they were on firesale and I wanted to see this material. These are not baggy at all. I think someone with big legs/thighs would be stretching the material. Maybe thats the point of the spandex?

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I ordered a pair of Kuhl outsider pants (their waxed cotton/nylon/spandex material) they are very comfortable and will more than likely be worn continuously when not at work.
The "cell phone" pocket is too big. I can't carry my knife and flashlight in it because it is so floppy; a galaxy s5 active with case fits with too much room to spare. There is almost no retention and I am sure the phone could fall out given an opportunity.

I should have ordered a size smaller. 2/3s of my Kuhl pants have been a full size larger than the tag. I thought the last pair was a glitch, I'll know for next time.

These are supposedly cut for "big legs and thighs" which I do not have... I was hesitant to buy them for that reason but they were on firesale and I wanted to see this material. These are not baggy at all. I think someone with big legs/thighs would be stretching the material. Maybe thats the point of the spandex?

I have yet to be disappointed with any of my Kühl purchases. Bought a pair of their Kontra pants a few weeks ago (and one of their longsleeve shirts for half off) and love them. I use them fishing mostly but are a great summer pants to use casually.

Still have to say that their Rydr's are my favorite. Fit like a glove and wear absolutely fantastically, they are just too heavy and hot to wear year long though. Looking to get another pair of those next winter or maybe wait till around next February when they go on clearance for 30-50%

TacoBaz

I have yet to be disappointed with any of my Kühl purchases. Bought a pair of their Kontra pants a few weeks ago (and one of their longsleeve shirts for half off) and love them. I use them fishing mostly but are a great summer pants to use casually.

Still have to say that their Rydr's are my favorite. Fit like a glove and wear absolutely fantastically, they are just too heavy and hot to wear year long though. Looking to get another pair of those next winter or maybe wait till around next February when they go on clearance for 30-50%

I like the Kuhls as well especially when you want something very casual looking. I really like my TRUSPEC 24-7 pants for the 65/35 blend, zillions of pockets, lol and the ripstop. They also still maintain a pretty casual look. You can get them almost all the time online for about $35.

Spinner

Beg to differ DZLTOY....Every piece of Columbia, sorel, prana gear I have purchased in the past year or two has exceeded my expectations. JUST because its made there does not make it ****. Sorry!

I agree. I'm quite happy with my Columbia pants.
I used to do a lot of backpacking and those pants were not only comfortable, but pretty tough and durable and looked nice enough to wear to the office Monday thru Fridays.
One ore thing. I can go by the Columbia outlet store and get a pair of pants for $30 or less usually. That is a plus.

vartz04

Adventurer
Duluth flex firehouse pants are what I wear when not jeans. I do have some Columbia pfg pants I wear when kayaking

BackcountryAggie

I wear variations of the Duluth Fire Hose pants at work every day (construction PM), several fire hose flex, several dry-on-the-fly, one pair of cool-dry fire hose flex. Absolutely the best non-jean pants I've worn in terms of durability, can't recommend them enough.

I've also got a couple variations of Kuhl, Columbia, and 5.11 pants, but they aren't as durable as the Duluths IMO.

Yes, the Fire Hose Flex material is hot in the Texas summers, but the durability makes it well worth it. Plus if it's going to be triple digits, I can wear a pair of the Cool Drys anyway.

Cas

Fjallraven, they've got a trouser for every occasion and they're stylish while being utilitarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles