Building the AlumEscape

2012Taco

AlumEscape
Well major construction of my almost yearlong Expo style trailer build is complete and I figured I post up the build stages! I wish I had kept up a build thread like the rest of you guys but I promise to keep this updated as I do the finishing touches, put some miles under her, and build up my Tacoma tow vehicle.

Basically I had spent nearly a year lurking the builds here to get ideas and tips from the great builds here then drafted up a CAD rendition of my plan:

In general I stayed pretty near the plan other than extending the front cargo area, shifting the side-table mount and I'm running an air suspension rather than the leaf sprung setup I originally planned.

Construction started with a trip to my local steel supplier in June 2013 and the rest is history!

After deciding to go with an air suspension I decided to continue the custom fab with a single wishbone style arm that will be located by a panhard bar. The axle is mounted to the wishbone via poly mounts.

Well I don't want to overload my first build thread post so I'll let y'all digest this teaser before I get more stuff loaded up!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
The design of the frame looks well thought out. And those welds are beautiful!

Looking foreword to more photos of the build process.

2012Taco

AlumEscape
The design of the frame looks well thought out. And those welds are beautiful!

Looking foreword to more photos of the build process.

Thanks Overland Hadley, I'm not a welder by any means but I have quite a bit of practice building up my old Bronco II. I pretty well started out with a lot of rust repair then moved on to fabbing up the front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, roof rack sliders and more.

Now I've moved on to building up my Tacoma tow vehicle and hope to be getting some goodies for it too in the next few weeks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz