Falken WildPeak MT Tire

4x4junkie

Explorer
Get the MTR's instead if you want quiet, can hardly hear my 305/70/16's.

...And your wheels dribbling down the highway like basketballs... I couldn't get rid of mine fast enough. :smilies27
Goodyear was good about warrantying them without any hassle though (after 12K miles they had become almost 1/4" out of round), so I have to give them credit for that.
Fluke or not though, I've washed my hands of Goodyear (two different sets of tires bought in two different decades plagued with problems because of poor quality control).

As to the post topic, looks like an interesting tire for sure (tread has a nice amount of void, unlike what a lot of others seem to be turning toward). Hopefully they are true to size unlike their A/Ts (according to specs on their site, all of their standard size A/Ts average a good half-inch less than claimed).

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I figured they have standard sizes out by now. Waiting to see what they have around the 33-35 range.

Tommy R

Geaux Tigers!
Here it is October of 2015 and the same holds true as it did many months ago. Falken's site doesn't list them. Can't locate any listed anywhere else, but GenRight. I wonder if they're coming across major issues and are having to continually delay the release date to the public?

martell06

Observer
Mixed reviews from me. Falken was the tire of choice for the KOH spec class cars that competed at the last KoH. They went 6 for 6 in qualifying...all 6 cars got flats. Race day(s) were not a lot better.

For the 2014 NORRA Mexican 1000, I think 4 out of the 5 cars entered,completed the race, and to my knowledge we had 1 flat in the fleet. Most of the tires for the NORRA race had already been used at the KoH race, so they weren't virgin, or any different, just worked better out of the rocks.

The NORRA race was much more representative of what the typical adventure traveler would subject them to.

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday!:sombrero:

Just to put the KOH Spec cars review in context, they were pay to play, rental cars that anyone with a checkbook and a heartbeat could race. I heard several horror stories on raceday of inexperience and a heavy foot trumping all kinds of parts; engines, tires, transmissions, etc.

collin

goo goo ganster
Any reviews on treadwear yet? Im liking the offroad write ups ive read, but no long term articles on milage/treadwear

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
I am still torn as to these Falkans or the BFGs I am leaning toward the BFGs since the have established themselves as a good all around medium traction, mud tire with good wear performance, based on the 3 sets that I have had.
The above evaluation, did not seem to really apply to me,(my impression, just an opinion)..
I really would like a tire with more void area between the tread blocks than tis shown in the pictures (hang the noise; I want traction off road), substantial outer lug off set from one row to the next (for mud, rocks, gravel and sand) and a inset rubber rim /mud exclusion lip to help keep the mud from working in between the tire and rim.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kingsize24

Just ordered a set of thes tires and AEV's a couple days ago. Once they get on, and I have some on road and off road time on them I will update.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Reading the review....not exactly in agreement. the tires are nice and ride well. The tread life I am not as thrilled with. The outer lugs are worn through the sipes already and I have maybe 10K miles. The siping could be deeper and this winter we will see how it affects things. I was horribly disappointed in the actual width of the tread. An inch less than same size MTR and Fierce MTs and even more less than the Pit Bulls in my garage. The height is good, but the 12.5 somehow has maybe 10 inches of actual rubber on the road. This probably is better for mpg n such, but less rubber to wear seems not as nice. Offroad they do work as designed for the basics I have done with them. They seem nice and solid when towing.

Overall...I would not buy again and likely will sell them before too much more wear. I can't say they are a bad tire, but just not for me overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles