Falken WildPeak MT Tire

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
UPDATED 07-SEP-2017: Now with homepage article: https://expeditionportal.com/long-term-review-falken-wildpeak-mt/

Does this tire actually exist? I see it at the bottom of the new EXPO home page, but cannot find it on Falken's site?

WildPeak_MT_tread2_prototype.jpg

wildpeak-m-t-tire.jpg

Falken-Prototype-WildPeak-MT-Testing.jpg

New_Falken_WildPeak_MT_Finally_Unveiled

falken-wildpeak-tire-tread

Last edited:
I spoke with a rep at Easter Jeep Safari and he mentioned that it's still being fine tuned. A release date of hopefully October or early November was leaked out in the conversation.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I was told by Falken at SEMA that they were going to be available to rock racers first, then to the general public at a later date. That was November 2013.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'm looking for a set within the next few months. Like to see them release this in a 255/85, but doubt that will happen.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
According to my sources: In terms of the MT release, two sizes should be available this month. The 37x12.50R17 and 38x13.50R17 (Off Road Use ONLY). 16 sizes will be released in lat Q1, 2015.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'd love to know what those 16 sizes are? Of course I'd like to see a 255, but some 285s basically measure like a 255. The GY MTR is one of them.

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
I only approve of Toyos and Yoko Geolanders until something else comes through that compares... Ran through MTRs, BFGs, Generals, Coopers. I dont care about noise, but some will.

bob91yj

Resident **************
Mixed reviews from me. Falken was the tire of choice for the KOH spec class cars that competed at the last KoH. They went 6 for 6 in qualifying...all 6 cars got flats. Race day(s) were not a lot better.

For the 2014 NORRA Mexican 1000, I think 4 out of the 5 cars entered,completed the race, and to my knowledge we had 1 flat in the fleet. Most of the tires for the NORRA race had already been used at the KoH race, so they weren't virgin, or any different, just worked better out of the rocks.

The NORRA race was much more representative of what the typical adventure traveler would subject them to.

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday!:sombrero:

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Mixed reviews from me. Falken was the tire of choice for the KOH spec class cars that competed at the last KoH. They went 6 for 6 in qualifying...all 6 cars got flats. Race day(s) were not a lot better.

For the 2014 NORRA Mexican 1000, I think 4 out of the 5 cars entered,completed the race, and to my knowledge we had 1 flat in the fleet. Most of the tires for the NORRA race had already been used at the KoH race, so they weren't virgin, or any different, just worked better out of the rocks.

The NORRA race was much more representative of what the typical adventure traveler would subject them to.

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday!:sombrero:

Not sure but maybe they were aired down at KOH.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Looks alot like the Cooper STT and/or Toyo MT.
It would be nice if they'd offer it in "overlanding" sizes like the 255/85-16, 255/80-17, 285/75-17, etc. Sizes that can fit many stock or lightly modified rigs.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My neighbor's 2000 F-350 Crewcab chewed his Falken Wild Peaks up in 22K. Discount comped him on some Nitto Terra's.
Hopefully the MT's mentioned will do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles