What to use on helmet visor for riding in rain?

Jcolorado

I have been riding off road enduros for a long time but have no interest in DS

One thing we do is cut a old goggle lens and tape it to your visor thus catching more rain making the visor twice as big
Not sure how it would work at 65 mph but works for us

echo7tango

Road tripping, overlanding
I've ridden in rain lots of times, and sometimes very very heavy rains. I keep my faceshield clean and clear. But I haven't tried a potato or Sea Drops.

Just keep the shield clean.

stingray1300

Explorer
If you're talking about it fogging up, then try a "Fog City" liner (attaches to any visor). I've had one in every helmet since they came out with them. An awesome product!

If you're talking about rain droplets on the outside of the visor, get one of these: http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/helmets/helmet-accessories/adjustable-visor-wipe.html
I have one of the "old" silicone type ones, like these: http://lghttp.26404.nexcesscdn.net/...8eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/0/1048_1ha.jpg and have quite a number of miles/years on it. Other than that, stick your head in the windstream and the drops disappear :sombrero:
To clean/condition the clear plastic, I use nothing but "Plexus".
HTH!

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"I use Sea Drops, its anti-fog for SCUBA masks. I happened to have some laying around and tried it, works great and its cheap. $5 at your local dive shop"

an expensive replacement to spit !

Bikewise visor cleaned every ride,
squeegee on the glove for drizzle, low speed
turn head 10 degrees each way to displace drops at faster speeds

I'm more worried about slimy roads than my vision, mind you I don't overtake as much when its wet, just hang back from the spray and concentrate on the tractor mud

59 mile daily commute in the Scottish highlands.....more smiles per mile than the RRS

echo7tango

Road tripping, overlanding
My apologies, I realize my last post wasn't very helpful - it was late last night, and I was tired. Shouldn't post when I'm tired.

I've found that water on the visor isn't that bad. It's not nearly as bad as water on the car's windshield, because of a couple of factors. First, the visor is much closer to your eyes, so the effect of water on your eyesight is not that bad. You actually see through the rain drops on your visor. I've found that it's not that bad. You can still see quite clearly.

Then, when needed (which isn't that often), a simple swipe of the glove is plenty to keep your vision crystal clear. It helps to have gloves with a chamois-like material on the back of the index and middle fingers, for wiping. I prefer that to the squeegee type of device, because for the squeegee to be effective you have to align it to the visor on-the-go, and it usually takes a few swipes because the squeegee isn't that long (wide). I've used both devices and prefer the integrated chamois-like material. Maybe I'm not coordinated enough for the squeegee.

The second factor is because the visor is much more curved than a car's windshield, if you turn your head a few degrees left and right, the wind does a good job of clearing the water. Like others upthread have said.

Hope this is more helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior