nRoute maps

jdinevens

Adventurer
does anyone use nRoute to navigate with maps from garmin.openstreetmap.nl? Here is what I posted on the forums over there. There are a few smart folks over here, hence the double post.

My end goal is to be able to navigate using my CF-19 and nRoute while switching between tiles as few times as possible. When I try and add all of the tiles for say the U.S (lower 48) it comes to something like 2.6 gb which is too big for the windows installer, i can grab the .gmap folder from the OSX .zip file and use it in basecamp but it can't find it in nRoute. I've tried importing it, but because they are the OSX .zip and not the windows install files i believe they are the wrong file types? Is there a way to import it that i'm not seeing or perhaps a program to convert to the correct file type or even DL several sections of the US and paste them together?

dms1

Explorer
I used nroute few years back on a HP Mini laptop. From what I remember, to use current garmin map sets with nroute, you need to use a utility (mrcsetup I think) to change the format of the maps. I gave up the HP Mini because it was to slow to play movies and I needed that function to make my wife happy while traveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne