"What'd she cost?", or "how much did you pay?"

Cole

Expedition Leader
Fwiw, I'm totally willing to share. If you read my threads I've always shared the costs. I think its silly for people to hold them back.

Just pointing out that it's not always that easy to calculate or compare notes.

I've got about $6k into a van and can point you to a recent "like" sale of $52k. Neither one is a great representation of the market IMO. (Mine is actually better than the $52k one :coffeedrink:)

But, I'd be happy to detail some of it here again.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I totally get that people can be very private about money. No worries.

To me, it's just about stuff and my prerogative to part with money and sweat to get the tools that allow me to accomplish what I want in this short life of mine. My van is a tool that I've modified to suit my driving aspirations. With the internet, Anyone can guesstimate my costs from my sigline in a matter of minutes if they really wanted.

To me, talking about money and vehicle expenditures is not like talking about my wife.

It also helps educate us all on how seemingly fickle prices can be. For example, if I were to put a nice custom fabbed off-road winch bumper on my van, it would be about $2200-2500 , right inline with Aluminess prices. I have a good ole 93 F150 4x4, runs great, looks good, worth about $2200-2500. So, in essence, I could trade my perfectly good f150 4x4 for a front bumper that I really don't need. Crazy.

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
....My van is a tool that I've modified to suit my driving aspirations.

I'm not sure what to do with this right now but I'm going to quote it to abuse you with later :coffeedrink:

Just something about "van" and "driving aspirations" that don't belong in the same sentence.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure what to do with this right now but I'm going to quote it to abuse you with later :coffeedrink:

Just something about "van" and "driving aspirations" that don't belong in the same sentence.

Better than where I thought you were going with it...:eek:

You've got an entire external hard drive filled with quotes from people, just waiting for the right moment to paste and abuse. And because of your superior mechanical skills and creativity, we all put up with it. You're a Monster!

I'm going to sell my f150 and buy a new computer so I can store lots of quotes for future use, too!

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Oh.... I'm not done yet. But it's a Sunday on a Holiday so I'll just pack that one up for later.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I sold this '98 112k mi. for $8300 and then paid $8,000 for the '03 Astro w/ 55k mi.

image.jpg

I got to pick out a new company truck, so I figured I didn't need two 4x4 pickups.

image.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Traveling, going to the beach, camping in, surfing, windsurfing, kiting, biking, paddling, snowboarding, skiing (or whatever ever activities you are into) out of a 4x4 van or ambulance....
PRICELESS!!!

java

Expedition Leader
I paid 5k for this. 25k miles, county owned until 5 years ago. Salem kroger 4x4 conversion. An I volunteered for the local SAR that owned it, and had slept on the floor of it before! Had to buy it... Had some pretty good water damage. I fixed it enough. Its not pretty but its water tight now.

Put about 3 back into it doing water damage repair, new brakes, and building beds, solar etc. Used the hell out of it this winter, and plan to do it again next year!!

12192207335_899c5177fb_c.jpg

12595220605_ecec9c0114_c.jpg

i1r5.jpg

1qwp.jpg

9b5s.jpg

Its really nice for ski bumming, but get terrible gas mileage! Wish it was a diesel.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
If I added all the purchase prices, maintenance and add ons on the four E350s I've had, I'm sure I'd be well over 50k by now. A mere drop in the bucket compared to some of yous... but the current rig in current standing would be slightly under 10k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz