Another one hosed by sierra 4x4 trailers and its owner chris

armygreen

Adventurer
I know there are a few posts out there about sierra 4x4 but this info should be out there for anyone considering doing business with them. They have not fixed any of their issues from the past. They are the same old sierra 4x4 that people have been getting ripped off by for years. Promising product and then they never answer the phone, returning messages or emails. I bought, and paid in full march 4th 2014 for a m416 lid ($1290) that was supposed to ship in approx two weeks according to chris because it was already almost completed. After a few weeks I contacted him and he did return my email and said it would ship the next week. O.K. sounds good. So a couple weeks later after not hearing from him I started calling and emailing him trying to get an update. After a couple of more weeks his website went down. I was getting worried that he skipped town after his business failed. Alas that did not happen. He returned a second email saying that it would be shipped asap. This was April 22nd. That was the last time he responded to my emails. I sent him about 5-6 more emails and called and left a few messages with no response. Finally I had enough and filed a dispute with my Visa company over the charges. I am thankful that I have my money back now but lost the three months of waiting for a lid for my trailer which I was waiting for to get my project started. It is 2014 and sierra still has not figured out how to run a business. We can all hope that they go away and not hose anyone else out of money or time waiting for a product that will not be delivered.

Bigunit

Adventurer
They will never get a cent from me after everything I have read and heard about Sierra/Chris.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

johnsj5

Had a similar issue. Ordered a 416 lid and fenders in December. No updates and they never returned phone calls or emails. Had to finally convince my credit card company to issue a chargeback for the lid in April.

I'm pretty much out of the money I paid for the fenders via paypal since they only give 45 days to dispute.

I wish I had done more searching. Most of the searches I did showed people from around 2010-2011 who seemed pretty happy with their products. I didn't see any of the failure to deliver issues until after I had placed a large order and then found their better business bureau page.

ca51flatty

Lids and fenders

I had similar issues with Chris and it didn't end well either.

If you guys are still interested in lids and fenders I have a guy local (SoCal) who built my aluminum ones and they are top notch! He will build and ship on time as he promises. Kind of pricey but I love the weight savings of the aluminum.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
and the Chris fan base continues to expand....

Any "good" stories of successful business dealings with this guy?...that would be a welcomed change..

3d fj

Observer
If you want a lid for the m416, try calling Bobby at cascadia vehicle tents. He'll take care of you. That's who I got my lid from.

johnsj5

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

I talked with a local shop who does some great work and they're going to make a top and fenders for me. I'm just going to hand the trailer and all the parts I have to them to finish the build. It's just been frustrating since my plan was to work on the the trailer myself on weekends during the winter and spring and have it ready for use this summer.

First I had the issue with Sierra and then the powdercoating/sandblasting shop I used took 6 months to get the trailer back to me. I dropped it off in December and just picked it up last week. They did a great job and took care of me on the price due to the delay though.

quickfarms

Adventurer
I had similar issues with Chris and it didn't end well either.

If you guys are still interested in lids and fenders I have a guy local (SoCal) who built my aluminum ones and they are top notch! He will build and ship on time as he promises. Kind of pricey but I love the weight savings of the aluminum.

I am interested in the name of the shop

RFDGUY

Observer
Well guys I actually received an entire trailer from Sierra 4x4 Trailers. It took way longer than I was quoted and after a long mess of calls/emails I drove up and got my trailer. His fab work is top notch and he is very meticulous, but he needs someone to run the business side for him.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
I was going to buy a lid from them a couple of years ago

there was another thread about the bad service etc...

& if memory serves me right it was either blocked or deleted, honestly I forgot

however be careful the powers to be here frown on negative responses about this type of activity

even my comment was scrutinized

luk4mud

Explorer
Well guys I actually received an entire trailer from Sierra 4x4 Trailers. It took way longer than I was quoted and after a long mess of calls/emails I drove up and got my trailer. His fab work is top notch and he is very meticulous, but he needs someone to run the business side for him.

You just described a fair percentage of the builders/ fabricators that cater to our industry.

Arrow586

I ordered a lid for my M100 and fenders last December. The lid was delivered within a couple of weeks of when he said it would and it fits perfectly. The fenders took a little longer than promised, a month or so, but did not really slow down my build.

Lonnie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online