M116 Trailer questions

TEC3

Adventurer
I am in the same boat. I am trying to do it slow, but also want it to be useable while I work. I really "need" to just get it sand blasted, painted and tires then I can work on the rest as I go. the Lunette I have can function for most trips and I can be easy on it until I get a good Offroad option found.

What should I expect to pay for a sand blast?

Also, I have the Bows for the cover, they seem very strong and are steel, you think a RTT would be fine on them? I plan on putting mine on top and my awning on the back to pull out over the kitchen

ZeMax

Observer
Just so you know some M100 series trailers have right hand thread stud on the right side and left hand thread for the left side for the wheels. Learned the hard way...

E Dr. P

Observer
Just so you know some M100 series trailers have right hand thread stud on the right side and left hand thread for the left side for the wheels. Learned the hard way...

That is the same on the m116 and m116a1 trailers, turn the lugnuts toward the back of the trailer to take them off, toward the front to tighten them. Later m116a2s and m116a3s use all right hand lugnuts.

ZeMax

Observer
That is the same on the m116 and m116a1 trailers, turn the lugnuts toward the back of the trailer to take them off, toward the front to tighten them. Later m116a2s and m116a3s use all right hand lugnuts.

****** does that !?!?! hehehe

TEC3

Adventurer

On that same note, how do I tell what M116 that I have? No plate left on it.

E Dr. P

Observer
If it has 5 lug wheels it is either an m116 or m116a1. If it has 8 lug wheels it is either an m116a2 or m116a3. If you post a pic I can tell you which model you've got.

TEC3

Adventurer
So we have our first trip planned this weekend for the trailer. It is unpainted, crude but will work. I threw on some very cheap tires to get us by until I can buy a replacement axle that matches my tow rig. Probably going to do that this fall.

I still cannot find a swivel pintle. Anyone help? I am going to check the Coop today but as is I am going to just take it slow with the Fixed Lunette and fixed Pintle on the truck. We aren't doing anything hard this weekend so we should be fine.

I will post pics today while we are working on it.

E Dr. P

Observer
Search for a CUCV or HMMWV pintle, the bolt pattern is the same as most civilian hooks and you'll just have to drill the center hole.

TEC3

Adventurer
Search for a CUCV or HMMWV pintle, the bolt pattern is the same as most civilian hooks and you'll just have to drill the center hole.

So are you saying buy this:
http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts...DnOhKsut1HHeB-haJHdlpo-7bpump0tStahoCjK7w_wcB

and Buy This:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181416958283?lpid=82

The drill a big hole in the first part to accept the pintle? Or am I misunderstanding. At the costs I have found I would be better off redoing the Lunette/ trailer end. Can I swap the Lunette out for a spring loaded Lunette that can swivel? or is the housing specific to that Hook?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke