Northwest Maine Memorial Weekend 2014

xjman88

Adventurer
IMAG0166.jpgIMAG0167.jpgSo the family and i spent 5 days up North doing some camping, fishing and exploring over the long weekend. We put about 150 offroad miles on the zj. My dad gave us a homemade 3 person camper he built on a 5x10 landscaping trailer. We decided last minute to take it with us. There was room on the front to store 3 of our 6 gallon water jerry cans and a 5 gal fuel can. The trailer hauled well behind the zj. I didnt get alot of pics but we had a wonderful time. Heres the pics i did get.IMAG0155.jpgIMAG0156.jpgIMAG0160.jpgIMAG0163.jpgWe also caught a beautiful rainbow.

Last edited:

gm13

Adventurer
That's great you got out and had a good trip. What map number/s were you in? Looks a little wet up there, how did the trailer do in that or was it back at camp at that point? See any critters?

xjman88

Adventurer
That's great you got out and had a good trip. What map number/s were you in? Looks a little wet up there, how did the trailer do in that or was it back at camp at that point? See any critters?
We were in map 30. The Bingham to Moxie area. The waterfall is on a cross over road from Troutdale/Moxie pond road to Boise crossover road. It was wet on the roads and trails. And yes i did tread lightly. The camper was back at camp which we were camped right on a nice brook. Saw some rabbits and other small animals. Heard some moose trampling around the bog nearby and found lots of bear scat and tracks.

Toyman01

Adventurer
Nice to see something with some trees and water. Looks like some beautiful country. Thanks for sharing.

Superduty11

Observer
Looks like a fun ride, I head up to that are every year maybe I'll take a ride out to the falls this trip and check out some of those roads.

macrophyllum

I've been looking for more areas to explore recently. Is is primitive camping up there (i.e. just find a spot on the side of the road with an existing fire ring) or do you stay in campgrounds? (I hope the former.)

xjman88

Adventurer
I've been looking for more areas to explore recently. Is is primitive camping up there (i.e. just find a spot on the side of the road with an existing fire ring) or do you stay in campgrounds? (I hope the former.)

Its all primitive for the most part. Some are predesignated and you need a fire permit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior