Questions about Jeep JK Rubicon wheels on new Dexter Axle

RMFD1548

Recently bought a M416 trailer and plan to buy a new Dexter axle with the EZ Lube option for it and put on JK Rubicon stock wheels. From the research I've done here on the forums it sounds like there is not a way to fit the Jeep wheels over a Dexter hub without an adapter that has a hub center over 2.5" and has a thickness from at least 1.75" to 2".

For any of you that have done that in the past, does that sound right?

I'm thinking of ordering an adapter that does both 5x5.5 and 5x5 to 5x5. That way I could order a 5x5.5 axle and could still use my original wheels/tires if I ever need to change back. Also, would give me a chance to better measure the length I need for the axle before I place an order.

Any advice would be appreciated. Got alot of great ideas from this forum already, so thank you out to everyone that has shared!

Attachments

• IMAG0670.jpg
    IMAG0670.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 20

XSapper

I used 1.75 spacers and the only ones I could find were hub centric and I had to take them to a local machine shop and have a little more taken out so they would fit over the hub all the way. I knew this ahead of time so I ordered my axle narrower to make up for this. Take into account different backspacing if switching wheels back and forth.

RMFD1548

Thanks XSapper. I found some 2" thick 5x5 spacers on ebay for $63, so I've decided to just go with 5x5 axle and use that spacer. It has a wide hub so I think it should clear ok. The spacers that have the dual fittings seemed like they might be pretty thin in places so I decided that might not be a good option.

BTW, I'll have 3 M416 original wheels/tires, axle and brake lever available soon if anyone in SW Missouri area could make use of them. Plan to order my new axle first of next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz