primer bulb water system

Honu

lost on the mainland
OK go this idea from the river rafting crowd and have to say loving it

the clamps I am using are from my photo stuff and might just keep using em for this or try some of the ones I have seen for holding Ipads etc.. ?
like them easy to put anywhere even a tree branch or on our table or just on the jug as shown in both pics even the roof rack for quick shower the black jug gets warm by end of day if left in the sun the bendable arm also makes adjusting super easy :)

have a few things planned for the water pickup and a quick disconnect and silicone tubing maybe a piece of aluminum for the bulb to sit on ?
right now hose just goes in with brass nipple on the end for weight but it works

some reasons I prefer it over something you have to pump with hand or flip a lever is my hands are dirty and dont want to touch anything with them so can just walk up and use my foot also water control is really easy for enough to do dishes or just get a towel damp I feel have been using way less water this way

we used to have a coleman hot water heater we brought along which is a super nice luxury and still plan on having it when we go out longer than a week or something but trying to go with less and less gear these days :)
packs up super small in a bag goes in the kitchen box !

watersetup_01.jpg

watersetup_02.jpg

Joanne

Adventurer
OK go this idea from the river rafting crowd and have to say loving it

the clamps I am using are from my photo stuff and might just keep using em for this or try some of the ones I have seen for holding Ipads etc.. ?
like them easy to put anywhere even a tree branch or on our table or just on the jug as shown in both pics even the roof rack for quick shower the black jug gets warm by end of day if left in the sun the bendable arm also makes adjusting super easy :)

have a few things planned for the water pickup and a quick disconnect and silicone tubing maybe a piece of aluminum for the bulb to sit on ?
right now hose just goes in with brass nipple on the end for weight but it works

some reasons I prefer it over something you have to pump with hand or flip a lever is my hands are dirty and dont want to touch anything with them so can just walk up and use my foot also water control is really easy for enough to do dishes or just get a towel damp I feel have been using way less water this way

we used to have a coleman hot water heater we brought along which is a super nice luxury and still plan on having it when we go out longer than a week or something but trying to go with less and less gear these days :)
packs up super small in a bag goes in the kitchen box !

watersetup_01.jpg

watersetup_02.jpg

I've seen a similar setup with the bulb attached to a small piece of wood so there is a solid surface for the bulb to be pressed against. I've never used one but heard they work nice.

Joanne

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah saw a write up with the wood also :)
I am going to use a piece of aluminum on the bottom only :) and keep it simple and small and pack small plus our ground here is hard as rock or mostly rock it seems :) so never had the soft ground issue could see a base being important in some situations :)

amazed I don't see more of these

doug720

Expedition Leader
There are also dedicated foot pumps that have a base built in. I have used the primer to move fluids, but they are not rated for drinking water and I wonder what type(s) of materials are used to make them.

I like the simple idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior