Explorer
We finally made a drive up to Usal beach and had a few guests by our campsite

trip n CA 060.jpg
trip n CA 056.jpg
trip n CA 063.jpg
trip n CA 064.jpg
The dog was not sure what to make of them except they were a lot bigger

trip n CA 037.jpg

We also stayed at a place called Russian Gulch and it was a pretty small campground but great scenery

trip n CA 004.jpg
trip n CA 006.jpg

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I turned onto that road at the last second as I needed to get the van off the Tarmac for a change while on a long coastal road trip. Nice surprise, indeed. Took it all the way to the beach, with the views beforehand.

Looks like the road was fine considering the time of year.

F350

Observer
Made that trip last year. Nice off the beaten path place to go. I'd like explore the area north of there some time.

bat

Explorer
We did see a 30ft trailer in the trees past the bridge, I did a double take just to make sure . I just can't see how he got the thing in there unless he came from Shelter cove.

SIZZLE

Pro-party
Thats a cool area. Fun drive to go up to the Mattole(?) Campground and back to the 101 through Ferndale.

haven

Expedition Leader
I moved this thread to the "completed adventures" area. The trip described doesn't meet the criteria for "expedition," which include

1. Primary purpose: Exploration in support of geographic, scientific or humanitarian endeavors.
2. Duration: Typically several weeks to many years.
3. Logistics: Detailed planning is required for environmental, geographic and geopolitical contingencies.
4. Route Finding: Navigation can be highly complicated, and many areas may have no mapping detail available, requiring extensive research and/or support from the local population.
5. Camping: Accommodations will range from remote camping to hostels due to weather conditions, security concerns or duration of travel. There also may be limited camping available, requiring use of local accommodations, hostels, military and church grounds, etc.
6. International Borders: Often includes crossing of multiple international borders.
7. Risk: Moderate to severe risk to personnel and equipment due to security issues or the extreme remoteness and difficulty of the journey.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...n-A-helpful-guide-for-posting-in-this-section

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier