trailer plug receptacle mods

tbone1004

Observer
So fun story. Picked up my brand new 6x12 enclosed trailer last week just prior to this move and it had quite a long pigtail for the wiring harness. I drove most of the way with no problems but must have hit a bump and it got dislodged from the ball and got drug on the ground obviously very quickly wearing thru the insulation and subsequently the wires. My plan is to put a 7pin receptacle on the trailer itself and use a short cable with 7 pin plugs on either end. I couldn't find the threads where anyone has done this before so does anyone have any suggestions?

java

Expedition Leader
Yes get an "extension" amazon had them pretty cheap lest time I got one. It was a coiled one too, which helped with adjustable length.

tbone1004

Observer
thanks, will have to look for that. Was hoping I could find a receptacle that didn't have to be screwed into something and just kind of dangle off the end, but not seeing one, will keep looking

Robert Bills

Explorer
Are you referring to something like this?

med_7%20to%207%20Coiled%20Cord.JPG

I used a 6-pin coiled cord when I flat towed my jeep, and one of these days will get a 7-way version when I re-do the wiring on my Bantam trailer. If I recall correctly, I bought my 6-pin coiled cable off the shelf at an RV supply house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online