Landcruiser 200 Dual Battery Install with Blue Sea Systems 7622

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Hi, thought I would post my experience with installing a dual battery system into my Landcruiser 200. It took some time to source the battery tray from TJM (4 months), but the rest was pretty straight forward. The Blue Sea Systems 7622 is built like a bomb shelter... very impressive. One word of sage advice... do not skimp on the cables!!!

Battery = Dual Odyssey 34R-1500
Controller = Blue Sea Systems 7622 (500 amp continuos)
ANL Fuse Box = Blue Sea Systems (one on each battery)
ANL Fuse = Blue Sea Systems 300 AMP (300 continuos and 450 for 500 seconds)
Cables = 1/0 Marine Cable
2nd Tray = TJM Dual Battery Tray

Figuring out the AMP's which fuses to use was fairly complicated. I have several engineer friends who couldn't even come to a consensus on whether to even fuse the two batteries or not. In the end everyone thought the 300 ANL would provide enough juice to jump start truck if the main went out or to act as a dual battery bank during heavy winching.

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4988.jpg

Last edited:

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
awesome..
I've been running this same set up on my rig for two years w/o any issues..

are you running the control switch in the cab?

clean install indeed...!!

johanso

Adventurer
Nicely done! Can you use both batteries for starting if you need? Maybe that is the function of the control switch?

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Yes, both can be combined for starting, winching, etc. You can also manually disconnect, or simply leave on "auto" function. Here are photos for the remote control switch install. One thing of note... the red wire that leaves the 7622 is NOT a positive wire... it is for the remote control switch. The red wire from the ACR is connected to the green cable, that is then connected to the remote switch. The two red wires, that merge into a single red wire on the switch, is what runs to the positive terminal on your auxiliary (house) battery.

Ps. If you are near Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA... Justin at Streamline Audio (an avid overland friend) is who did the install on this and my TJM 15,000 winch.

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
that's exactly what the switch does...
I leave mine on auto most of the time and hear it click when one of two batteries charge level changes isolating each battery... once I start the rig it clicks again (about 20 sec after start up)telling me both batteries are being charged simultaneously... it is a great little system...!

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Hey Manuchao, do both the top and bottom LED's light up at the same time when charging? Both of mine do, I would have assumed it would only be the top LED that is lit up when charging.

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
Weird, both of mine stay on even after the truck is off. I came out this morning after 12 hours and they were both still on... this seem right to you? Maybe I got my wiring incorrect?

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
Yes, that is correct... this is telling you both batteries are fully charged after 12 hrs..
Now if you were to leave something ie cell phone, fridge running... the system would isolate the batteries from each other and the LED's on your switch would go off. I did my wiring based on this thread I found here on expo...

EDIT: I used 200 amp Blue Sea fuses.

This is the thread and the diagram...it should help you compare

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/58695-Basic-wiring-question

acr7622b-jpg.647936

Last edited:

Jwestpro

Explorer
My "Wrangler" system (I think it's called) has worked for over 7 years on the LR3, and about 8 years each on the 1996 and 2004 Discovery vehicles but I really like the looks of what you installed.

My primary is an Odessey 1350 and 2nd is the 2150.

of note, some interior dome and reading lamps are repowered instead from the 2nd as well as multiple 12v for various things and the fridge for full time hot and starter battery protection.

verveoverland

random question, i'm getting ready to do this in my 100, how much cable length did you need by chance? I'm curious about buying a 25' spool or going and buying buy the foot

v_man

Explorer
FWIW I just installed a dual in my 07 LX, I bought 15 feet of 2/0 gauge in red and 15 feet in black. I had about 2 feet or red left over and 5 feet of black...install is in my build thread...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles