Trailer Kitchen

I'm looking for photos of various kitchen designs, I have drawn out my plans for my trailer, but can't decide on a kitchen layout. The space I have dedicated to putting the kitchen is a box above the tire on the drivers side, 60" L x 16" H x 12" D.

Everyone post your designs, opinions, and etc. please.

luk4mud

Explorer
Would help to know what features you want and dont want- sink, integrated stovetop, fridge/ cooler or none, etc.

Arlo

Adventurer
My kitchen gear is inside the trailer while on the road.

18519147cx.jpg

18519144dd.jpg

18519145tl.jpg

18519146yu.jpg

It has to be clamped on or hinged in at the campsite.

18519142lf.jpg

18519143wh.jpg

18519148nv.jpg

18519149gk.jpg

18519222sk.jpg

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Aluminum drop down counter about 2' x 8'...fits a 3 burner stove and small bar sink. It has 2 smaller shelves above it about 8" wide for dishes, canned goods, spices

(disregard the Titos and Roses Lime Juice, and Cranberry...it was for medicinal purposes only)

Last edited:
Would help to know what features you want and dont want- sink, integrated stovetop, fridge/ cooler or none, etc.

My family likes to primitive camp, so I'll mount my Coleman stove (somehow), no sink, we'll continue to use wash basins, no mounted cooler or fridge.

But all that could change it I get some cool idea from you guys. We really just want a fast setup so camping one night won't be such a task, and the trailer will keep all our gear in one place.

2003 Nissan Xterra 4wd (US Vehicle)
2005 Mitsubishi Montero 4wd (Haiti Vehicle)

Phoenix

Adventurer
You might want to ensure that your kitchen set up is on the side of the trailer that doesn't face traffic if you need to pull over and cook a quick meal.

Have you thought about a chuck box with a slide out for your coleman stove? If you can add a few brackets to the side of your trailer to attach a chuck box, you can pull it out of the trailer, attach, and you'll have what you need in one place.

TitanPat, love the Aluminum drop down counter.

Arlo, your work leaves me speechless, and that isn't an easy thing to do.

luk4mud

Explorer
Not sure if a TD kitchen interests you, but I strongly share your desire for minimum set up. Here is what I conceived and had built for me. Mounted stove, wash basins instead of a sink, 14 gallons of water, cooler slide integrated, lots of storage. HTH

Attachments

• IMG_0221.2014-04-20_002258.JPG
    IMG_0221.2014-04-20_002258.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 69

protohyp

Adventurer
dybabaqe.jpg

jy9uru3e.jpg

9ame2eby.jpg

uhytaqy5.jpg

Just built this today from a camera case. May not serve your purpose but I scrapped my pullout kitchen because of weight even though I could've built it lighter but with this I can take it to the beach or a picnic so it can serve multiple purposes

This is what I originally had planned

qedyta8u.jpg

9ysu4use.jpg

Hope you get it worked out so it works for you. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Protohyp, the idea I have in my head, is something along the lines of a permanently mounted chuck box, no plumbing, or electric. The Coleman stove will be the only non primitive item.

However, I'm open minded, and wanted to get some more ideas. Especially on storage shelves, drawers, and/or boxes.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
A bedside mount truck box in aluminum or steel would work great.
I was going this route too. Member Edward Bernal made the green one on his trailer.
A good size with all the gear he needs.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 645
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 649

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Or build a chuck box with removable legs.

Attachments

• 53a869bd782cbb4d11b6e7e29142756c.jpg
    53a869bd782cbb4d11b6e7e29142756c.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 484
A bedside mount truck box in aluminum or steel would work great.
I was going this route too. Member Edward Bernal made the green one on his trailer.
A good size with all the gear he needs.

Thanks, simple, yet functional. I like it, that's what the picture in my mind looks like.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I don't have the Conqueror anymore but I built some shelves inside to hold everything.
The shelf for the Coleman stove was exactly to size and lined with carpet. The stove slid in and was held firmly; bungee cords over it all to hold things in place.
Similar for the pans and whatnots. Fridge was in back on a slider and shelves above that for dry food storage.

100_3652.jpg

100_3649.jpg

100_3054.jpg

propanetanksrelocated.jpg

100_2495.jpg

protohyp

Adventurer
Protohyp, the idea I have in my head, is something along the lines of a permanently mounted chuck box, no plumbing, or electric. The Coleman stove will be the only non primitive item.

However, I'm open minded, and wanted to get some more ideas. Especially on storage shelves, drawers, and/or boxes.

Yeah I hear you. As you can see I sorta went through both ideas and my pullout slider might have been impeded if we did RV camping where a site might have borders around the driveway. Since we mostly do primitive camping I figured just in case the portable chuck box might work best. Who knows...it might all change again. It seems you have plenty of space for your kitchen but since you're in the planning stages make sure your depth is at the most you can get. once your start filling with storage boxes you might find that 12" isn't enough for some plastic storage boxes. Also if your going to have big tires on your trailer this obviously raises everything to possibly an uncomfortable cooking height for some and in your trailer design you may have to navigate around wheel wells like in my trailer. Fortunately the wheel well on mine was a good height to put the stove on but this was just tested in mock up in my driveway so we will know this coming week on our trip to Seattle if the setup is going to work for us. Will be very interested to see what you come up with and look forward to build pictures.

Protohyp, if my mocked up excel drawings are correct, the stove top will be about the height of a countertop in a house.

This trailer will see some light to medium trail work, nothing to crazy, I'm not rich, and I'm not going to put my vehicle somewhere to rough, stuff breaks enough on its own, without me helping it. LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior