Family Road Trip through Twelve US States

Today, we went to the next Disney park on our list: The magic Kingdom. I will say Disney is truly a great family fun destination, though the only downside is this place is very costly if you plan don't plan right. Or if you want to enjoy all the parks. Every lunch or dinner for the 3 of us, has not been less than $120.00. The highest being $144.XX. But we did not have t pay because we have a package that covers our food. We met a family of 4 that said they were paying every meal and their breakfast that morning cost $280.00 (I think it was called star wars breakfast). $280.00 for breakfast? For a magical experience with characters, while eating. To say the least, I was shocked at the price, but not too surprised, from what I have seen from our own bills so far.

me9kAem.jpg

nAJ2OPa.jpg

OHPyGnp.jpg

The rides we went on this morning. Pretty good.
nVnv7qy.jpg

aspIUF5.jpg

BqhOAif.jpg

unkamonkey

Explorer
Shoot me if I ever go to a Disney location. What that family of 4 paid for breakfast would feed me my breakfasts for over a month, then again that money would pay my cell phone and satellite service for a month.

Last night, our dinner reservation was at 9:30pm. So, we left the park for about 3 hours and returned just in time for dinner. We had dinner at the Beast's enchanted castle. The restaurant is called Be Our Guest.
u5gqsFq.jpg

pv2vgZA.jpg

While they were serving people, we all had to pause to applaud for the grand entrance of the Beast, who walked around to say hi to guests.
otH2tp8.jpg

I got the steak meal and it was pretty good.
E3INVC1.jpg

After dinner, the guests were allowed to take pictures with the beast, which we did. Then off to the new and most popular ride at Magic Kingdom: The Seven Dwarfs Nine Train. We got on the train at 11:50pm for a 4 minute ride. This ride is only 2 weeks old at disney and is the most popular and the ride with the longest wait time of 80 to 90 mins. People stand in line for that long to get on the ride for 4 mins. We got a fast past and so had to wait only about 20 mins. This ride was parked full until they had to send people home at 1pm when the park was closing and they could not get everybody to ride this ride. I was really surprised at how many people who wanted to get on the ride, cnsidering there are a lot of other more exciting rides. But I think because it is new, that is why it is so popular.
MAiIbkm.jpg

Last edited:
Today, we went to the next park: Epcot (Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow). This is the 4th and last park. So, we have been to all 4 parks now. So for tomorrow and sunday, we will pick and choose which ones to go back to because of particular rides and or foods we enjoyed.

It was raining a lot when we got to the parking lot at Epcot. But guess what? Everybody had braved the rain and was in it to get to the attractions in the park.

jRVP87Q.jpg

We headed straight for the tram to take us to the park.
VR0iUHZ.jpg

ryJzf0a.jpg

Took a pic of the big ball there, then realized someone just walked into the pic.
fv8RjR5.jpg

Rides we went on today;
hlWxmiU.jpg

Then stopped to take pics with some disney characters here;
GH6aq3l.jpg

Off to other amazing rides;
RowlJtl.jpg

SL3q74N.jpg

Then it was time for lunch and dessert;
s2dNqaR.jpg

g4rSrxy.jpg

CP6UAGg.jpg

After dessert, we walked and discovered this place where soda is FREE!!! Lots of different flavored sodas from around the world. You best believe it was parked full. So, we had to join the party too.
f7Q0xmC.jpg

JEL4r16.jpg

m6O431I.jpg

Last edited:
Next we went to my best ride of the day: Testtrack by Chevrolet. First, you get to design a car that you want to drive. That was exciting; choosing frame, engine, power, wheels, paint and accessories for the car. When done, you go to the testtrack to test drive your car. Unfortunately, after everybody has designed their cars, when they show up on the track, only one kind of car is available. Well, the test drive simulates a real test drive for any new car. And when it gets to the last part which tests the power of the car, they take the car to a top speed of about 65mph to 75mph, shown by a radar board infront of you. And they maintain this speed all the way into 2 curves and onto a straight path before bringing the car back to a complete stop. It was great. After this ride, we just walked around and was done for the day and went off the property to try out an Italian steak restaurant and the food was very good and for way less than half it could have cost us if we paid for such a meal at disney.

x9QesKR.jpg

uFlA93K.jpg

GMz1359.jpg

IfNtVIM.jpg

Laq0aMT.jpg

yaxI1JL.jpg

s3ZSe8h.jpg

E6UQXih.jpg

Last edited:
Had a very busy day today. Started off with a car show at downtown Disney. A new part of Disney that is open to the public and which is really a great downtown area full of great attractions, shops, restaurants and a movie theater. Great for family outings. Took a lot of pics and have a few to share.

ABys1kF.jpg

P5jJjlw.jpg

It was hard t take pictures without having people in it, since everybody was trying to take pics of themselves or family with the cars.
bO00ADN.jpg

NRTLqZK.jpg

6ahYxxe.jpg

hL0RXMI.jpg

9tcO0Qu.jpg

Lvw2T5q.jpg

OeBS1uK.jpg

YJu21lT.jpg

3RmRXrA.jpg

yeMd0ux.jpg

3B1PGjS.jpg

xLdNZdq.jpg

tQY4e0N.jpg

GKdNEpO.jpg

Aj4TnSA.jpg

Last edited:
After the car show, we went back to Magic Kingdom for more rides and for dinner. Before our first ride, we attended a show about the history of all presidents of the US. It was a 20 minutes show that was great for any adult and very entertaining to the younger ones in there. I would watch this many more times if I could. It was really good. After that, off we went to the rides.

OZiWHAV.jpg

TFbxgl1.jpg

DHK5EA5.jpg

7R7LMOg.jpg

AvCwF0b.jpg

n651flU.jpg

OLiLDTp.jpg

nTpeK1w.jpg

G3ofEF6.jpg

U3WOYt5.jpg

Then off to dinner at Cinderella's castle.

zVkEIPf.jpg

gUsJFk5.jpg

When you check-in, the first thing they have you do is get in line so you and or kids should take pics with Cinderella.
pmDwueu.jpg

Then you go upstairs and get seated and wait for them to bring you the menu which literally has only about 12 choices for appetizer, entree and dessert.
cg9BvP4.jpg

NmEgyKS.jpg

We placed our orders and while we were waiting for our food, these other princesses (Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Jasmine) made a big appearance and the kids and teenagers were very happy and very excited. It was really nice to see the smiles on all the kids faces and their parents happy to see their kids happy. So, the princesses went around greeting families, taking pictures with everybody and signing autographs for the kids. It was nice. Then we got our appetizers, entrees and desserts. All 3 things cost a total of $59.99 for each person and dinner ended up costing us $191.67. The meal was just ok. The atmosphere was great. There was true happiness and joy in the room.

MiINIpd.jpg

kAmAUcQ.jpg

8SIBg0J.jpg

FYqjuFZ.jpg

jHEgTbX.jpg

Last edited:
Today was our last day at Disney World. We went to the animal kingdom for some rides, food and snacks and left our hotel for good. After disney, we hit the road for an hour drive to Daytona beach.

6CE5Oh4.jpg

NEh2kyB.jpg

ONI5QdB.jpg

Drove to Daytona beach today. Nice and short drive, but we met a scene of an accident just as we were getting into Daytona. It had rained and the car lost control and rolled on its side. No fatalities.
TcXrzwa.jpg

aW7ylUz.jpg

su4DR2T.jpg

SQYtrO6.jpg

PYmeeyZ.jpg

Then we drove straight to the beach. It was relaxing hanging out on the beach and getting into the water and taking some pics since we plan to make an album with memorable pics of this trip.
KYvRgGy.jpg

ig92pmY.jpg

EjjZUXZ.jpg

QtvlgzQ.jpg

Last edited:
Left Daytona beach this morning. Got on the freeway and after 30 mins, decided I needed to fill up for my 3 hours drive to Tybee Island in Savannah, GA. Filled up and the wife pulled up yelp to search for a good restaurant for breakfast. We found Oceanside on Flagler Beach. Great reviews. So, we made a short drive there. It did not disappoint at all. The food was great. It is right there on the beach.

We got to enjoy some great views and I took some pictures of some pelicans flying in a single file. It was a great view.

We went and walked on the beach and on this day 2 dolphins decided to come and hangout with the locals at the beach. I mean, the dolphins were about 2 arms length from people swimming at the beach. It was a great view. We watched in amazement and the locals were graceful about letting the dolphins just hang around.

We watched for a little longer and then decided to leave. Got n I-95 for our drive to Savannah, GA.

c17pSVf.jpg

5biEjxV.jpg

ybBwU6n.jpg

3qsXfLt.jpg

XmCa8aw.jpg

IWuYu5d.jpg

dSznU8a.jpg

kSYdEUI.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members