Family Road Trip through Twelve US States

AT4u242.jpg

NR9JP7c.jpg

T6cvPFf.jpg

BtHTlIb.jpg

E71IqBy.jpg

8Fs4neb.jpg

From Graceland, we drove to Sun Records, where Elvis Presley and others recorded a lot of their records. At the end of the tour, we go outside to our cars and THIEVES have broken into the car of a young couple from Mississippi.

We got into the building at 2:50pm for a one hour tour and came back outside at 3:55pm to find that thieves had broken a window and stolen their visible luggage from their suv. I felt so sorry for them. I was parked 2 cars away from them and my car practically had a lot of our things in it, but I wonder why they did not break my glass to steal stuff or get on my roof rack to steel what I had strapped down. But I am happy they did not target my Armada. But I felt so sorry for this young couple. They had their wallets on them, but their luggage was gone.

It was really sad. We talked with them for a few and left them while they were on the phone with their insurance and the police.

Be careful if you go to this area in Memphis. Somebody on this website had already warned me to be careful in this area as there are a lot of thieves here.

22FNcEi.jpg

EZ7b5Sk.jpg

zHgprr3.jpg

ZSJu6m0.jpg

E1LO6DT.jpg

YveFLkx.jpg

jqbdGyf.jpg

T5k8BJ2.jpg

DmE52pR.jpg

Bc5M2qX.jpg

srUS5KK.jpg

Last edited:

pedal

Looks like a nice trip, thanks for posting the pics!! Glad the theives didn't get you. You just never know...

Last edited:
This morning in Memphis, TN, we went to the Lorraine Motel where Martin Lurther King Jr lost his life. It is a great historical place to visit. I recommend it to you guys to take a trip there. I believe you will like it. Let me share some pics with you guys.

qx9JD1p.jpg

KGvrc0z.jpg

TU6THOQ.jpg

He was shot infront of this room, Room 306, where he was staying.
1eg0CX2.jpg

His cars.
YjiqrEZ.jpg

zAVFCx0.jpg

When he was shot, he fell at the spot represented now with the brick on the floor. He was shot from the window on the most right out of the 6 windows from across the street, in this picture.
RY31waB.jpg

His bed and bedroom where he was spending the night, room 306.
xdKXQkU.jpg

He was sharing his room with a member of his entourage. That is why there are 2 beds in his bedroom.
XJVEAuQ.jpg

Last edited:
After taking pictures outside, we paid and started our tour, which starts off with the history of slave trade up to the death of Martin Lurther King Jr.

Random shots I took throughout the tour.

Slaves under the deck of a ship, paddling the ship.
XnMHKX9.jpg

Man selling a slave with child.
iJznWSz.jpg

Slaves from Africa
xJcXbOj.jpg

Rosa Parks refusing to give up her seat on the bus.
xlpSBMI.jpg

The sit in protest!
M1CBTrW.jpg

Burnt greyhound bus in Alabama.
ga88Rdq.jpg

Last edited:
Now was time to go over across the street from where they say James Earl Ray shot and killed Martin Lurther King Jr.

FIQ2JNl.jpg

There are people wondering if this guy had help, since he was a poor guy and a thief. So, some people are wondering if he may have had help or had been offered money by someone to carry out the crime.
FdRzPqJ.jpg

And others wondering if someone else took that fatal shot as no one saw the gunman.
5wzVYde.jpg

Rifle used
euJu01f.jpg

5erQ2kI.jpg

The fatal shot was fired from this restroom through that cracked window, which still remains cracked open till today.
NJyoUEd.jpg

The getaway car. A mustang.
WbNFFoR.jpg

Straight line of shot from next window from the restroom of fatal shot, to room 306 , Martin Lurther King Jr's room.
aWVyIwo.jpg

Last edited:
Left the museum, and hit the road for Hot Springs, Arkansas. Made it in good time and headed to the National Park. There was a torrential downpour of rain, but that did not stop us from getting up to the observatory tower there.

ZixunLK.jpg

I8Otq6Z.jpg

RzZivOo.jpg

Views from the tower that overlooks the city of Hot Springs.
2k17YLQ.jpg

xPDxjKg.jpg

Mv0RIaP.jpg

Tfl0SEX.jpg

Then left the park and went to the ever hot spring water outside the park. This water stays at a temperature of 143F, no matter the season. We went there today and some guys were getting into it, talking about how it helps your skin and it heals.
WTAH5hc.jpg

zr7slFg.jpg

7lgfmjA.jpg

FyWhGmk.jpg

Last edited:
We spent last night in Arkadelphia, AR, which is where I attended grad school. This morning, we slept in and had some good rest. Woke up close to noon and headed home.

Just got home and this is a summary of my Road Trip in figures;

ROAD TRIP COURSE (through 12 US states): TX-LA-MS-AL-FL-GA-SC-NC-TN-KY-IN-AR-TX
TOTAL NUMBER OF DAYS: This trip lasted 18 days
TOTAL MILES DRIVEN: 3,901 miles
TOTAL DRIVING TIME: 78 hours of driving behind the wheel
TOTAL COST OF GAS: $1,004.18
TOTAL GALLONS OF GAS USED: 288.11 gallons
MILES PER GALLON: 13.5 miles per gallons, per these figures. In my Armada, it shows 13.6mpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior