Skiers Lodge - Build Thread

Swedeski

Adventurer
I thought the same. 2.8% They have ****ty Mormon beer in Sweden?
The beer issue really got people going, I like it! As you can see you can get the same beer in different percentages. But to go above 3.5% you have to go to the State regulated store as mentioned before.
0f1e3d3b51bd9aa943051a264f3a0328.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
The beer issue really got people going, I like it! As you can see you can get the same beer in different percentages. But to go above 3.5% you have to go to the State regulated store as mentioned before.
0f1e3d3b51bd9aa943051a264f3a0328.jpg

Much better :sombrero: Skiing requires good beer!

Local brewery made the "expo" series last year, seems fitting here. :D

16752839587_3552aacff0_b.jpg

ok maybe enough beer highjack... Get those flares on already!

Swedeski

Adventurer
...ok maybe enough beer highjack... Get those flares on already!

After five days of snowing we got hit with "almost summer temperatures". It has been almost 20 deg C (68 F) the entire last week. I told my wife "...it´s warmer now and some dude on the interwebz said I should get the flares on. And I think we should listen to him, cause he has a frekkin awesom truck-camper. So he should know."
Well, since it´s spring the better half thought we should build a screen on the deck this week.
View attachment 399286
So no flares, but happy wife - happy life. :D

And with warmer temperatures we went on a mtb getaway. Again close to home, but enjoying it anyways.
View attachment 399287

View attachment 399289
But I think using your setup is a good excuse for not building on it. :)

Will soon be packing for another skitrip.

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
Haha I got a chuckle from that :D

Happy wife and using it are perfectly good excuses for not installing flares! Using ours is why nothing is greeting done too... I'm shopping for bike racks now!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Swedeski

Adventurer
All packed and ready to go skiing. Had made plans to meet up with some friends at a gas station in our small town for a 8 hour drive to Romsdalen in Norway. Fueled up and waited in the sun.
A moose came running over the parking lot. Thought it was a good sign. The buddies arrived in their VW van. Jumped in the truck and cranked it....nothing.
Checked the fuses, listened for the whining of the fuel pump, checked for spark, gave it starter gas...but no go.
It didn't throw any fault codes.
They towed me back home and we started digging in to it. Since the starter was running and we got spark I guessed something was off with the fuel or fuel injection. I knew the fuel filter is old and the fittings are totally rounded (since I have been wanting to change it earlier and realised that you can't get a wrench on it). Got one side loose, cut the pipe on the other side and put it in a vise. A big *** wrench on the filter and off it goes. Put it back together with hose and clamps over the cut pipe. Will have to get a new pipe and fuel fittings later and fix it properly. Got it started with some gas and jumper cables, but it ran really bad.
But finally it threw a fault code. Now I had something to work on. It was the ECT sensor which regulates the mix of fuel and air depending on how warm the engine is. Checked that I had the 5 V and ground, so the sensor must have gone dead. Resistance measures it and as suspected it was a goner. By now it was evening so had to wait for the next morning. Made the call to the nearest car part store (who has parts for american cars/trucks) and got lucky. Made the one hour drive (one way)to get the sensor, put it in and cranked the motor. It fired right up and ran like a charm. After a 10 km testdrive and lunch we where finally off. 24 hours later then planned but it could have been worse. Could have had the same problem somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
4b5b063ce07284cdcad0c53ab990c929.jpg
ccc23705b6edc78734362b287ebf6d7c.jpg
1dd1e7e98579b802372be9d71fdfde0a.jpg
958c21d52c77b5a760285cc9a8ecaab8.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
With all of the cool cars and trucks from which you have to choose, why are you driving a junky old Chevy pickup truck that keeps breaking down :D

Beautiful views; how late into the year can you ski there?

Swedeski

Adventurer
With all of the cool cars and trucks from which you have to choose, why are you driving a junky old Chevy pickup truck that keeps breaking down :D

Beautiful views; how late into the year can you ski there?
Haha!...I don't know. Maybe I was dropped on the head as a kid?
Or I might just have been drinking to many ****ty beers.
But I really like and enjoy it and it fits my wallet.

Romsdalen (that part of Norway) is located at the west coast. As You could se we are parked by the water. It is actually a big Fjord which connects to the Atlantic Ocean. We could see the ocean from the mountain tops. This makes the weather really changeable, and thus also the snowcover. I think the skiing will be good through May this year.
If You head a little further inland the skiing is usually good in June too, and doable year round.

Swedeski

Adventurer
Back from the trip and the Chevy ran just fine. With a new fuelfilter and a crusing speed around 50-55 mph i got 15.7 mpg's. Not bad going over three mountainpasses each way.
Checked my fluids, cleaned out the cab and ticked a little project off the todo list.

The backwindow in the cab is pretty useless. I can't see anything out of it (except a white wall), it's cold in the winter and there is quite much windnoise. I just usually shove a sleeping pad up against it. But it's not a perfect match to say the least.

Bought the cheepest sleepingpad I could find (don't wanna sacrifice my nice Thermarest). Cut it to fit the window. Wrapped it in fabric and put some staples around the edges. Took off the plastic trim/panels, squeezed in the fabric edges and got it back together.

I'm happy with the result since I usually am horrible with cutting fabric, sewing and stuff like that.
bda15a6571442ab8d0e7eb0bac828c36.jpg
46e0cacaec4ea86e0a8434f58574f88c.jpg
e45bf40fd19082707d5371d45add6114.jpg

Swedeski

Adventurer
Got another small project done. Made a small shelf, to organize and store the oil, coolant, tire fix and other fluids that usually go along with the truck. Made it the same width as the wheelwell, so it's not stealing any space from between the wheelwells. It's under the bed and easily accessible through the lid in the bed. Still got space under the shelf for a small toolbox where I have some spare parts.

Now first a couple of days of work, then back to the mountains again.
18d2ca94f194bba66e8994a3f848c28e.jpg
41b1414118918e3f1124ee5159f4993c.jpg
429c53181b069a1c74a3c3e13351a209.jpg

Last edited:

Nosferatu49534

Observer
Got another small project done. Made a small shelf, to organize and store the oil, coolant, tire fix and other fluids that usually go along with the truck. Made it the same width as the wheelwell, so it's not stealing any space from between the wheelwells. It's under the bed and easily accessible through the lid in the bed. Still got space under the shelf for a small toolbox where I have some spare parts.

Now first a couple of days of work, then back to the mountains again.
18d2ca94f194bba66e8994a3f848c28e.jpg
41b1414118918e3f1124ee5159f4993c.jpg
429c53181b069a1c74a3c3e13351a209.jpg
Nice. :)

Swedeski

Adventurer
Back again after another nice trip to our brothers in the West. Driving in the mountains and in the coast of Norway sure isn't fast, but pretty. And I don't like to go fast in the old chevy either, so slow and steady it is.
b25cb3ba622794336021be5a4543492d.jpg
6cbe9e3b170f18d2ddfadab1c537bb9a.jpg
2dff40837a68e843a73a5fafe24b9dee.jpg
f003bda942daf78b191c38d0744612ba.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior