Tahoe National Forest 6hr/90mile Prerunning Adventure

Hello everyone,
This was a daytime pre-run to plan to see possible camping spots and vehicle accessibility for this summer's weekend getaways.

Here is the route (very roughly)
hkWaLXt.jpg

And here is the final video, Enjoy! :wings:

Starting location: Nevada City,CA
Waypoints:
Washington
Lake Bowman
Sawmill Lake
Jackson Meadows Reservoir
Greenhorn

Big50

Adventurer
Awesome trip. Love that area...did a trip last year through there all the way to Reno.

Looks like you had some fun catching some air haha.

My buddy and I did the same when we preran as well. Looks like you caught better air though!

Awesome trip. Love that area...did a trip last year through there all the way to Reno.

Looks like you had some fun catching some air haha.

My buddy and I did the same when we preran as well. Looks like you caught better air though!

Any mapping or details on where you went? And jesus you were beating on those Raptors! Very nice. :smiley_drive:

Big50

Adventurer
Any mapping or details on where you went? And jesus you were beating on those Raptors! Very nice. :smiley_drive:

Just shot a pm. We like to have fun with them haha. Not the softest landings. Just before that, there are some awesome rollers where you can catch air 3 or so times in a row. Nice 4runner btw!

Last edited:

SteveG

Adventurer
Just shot a pm. We like to have fun with them haha. Not the softest landings. Just before that, there are some awesome rollers where you can catch air 3 or so times in a row. Nice 4runner btw!

Looks fun! Have someone tune those shocks to reduce /eliminate the bouncing. You should be able to eliminate most of the bounce and still keep excellent road manners.

Last edited:

Big50

Adventurer
Already solved that problem. Stepped up to some Icon 3.0's. Hit a similar jump on a recent run and truck landed so much softer and controlled. Very little if any rebound. Wish I had that one on video!

mannytranny

Observer
Any thoughts about the likelihood of a collision out there with some poor unsuspecting fellow on, say, a dual sport motorcycle? I'd be pretty pissed to come around a blind corner and run into someone treating a public road as a closed course. Like pissed enough to get plate #'s and make a series of calls to FS and County Sheriff officials.

Clay

Adventurer
I find that every time I'm out in the woods I come across at least a couple of folks driving like this, it's not unusual except that it's a truck instead of an ATV. Personally, I take it slow and keep an eye out for folks and that's what I'd do if I were on a dual sport as well. I also find it's better to not push my thoughts on what's "fun" or "safe" on others. No one wants to hear my thoughts on it ever anyways.

Adam, what kind of camping spots did you find?

Big50

Adventurer
I can't speak for Bagels but I usually slow it down for turns and honk my horn several times. Only time I've ever really surprised people is when it's an ATV or bike hauling butt the opposite way.

mannytranny

Observer
I also find it's better to not push my thoughts on what's "fun" or "safe" on others. No one wants to hear my thoughts on it ever anyways.

Better to think about these things before an accident - and anyone with a speck of common sense can see that this is dangerous driving in a public area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior