Barn Door for JK factory hardtops

jscherb

Expedition Leader
That is a great price for the full kit. If there is a list for late model 2 door owners I want to be on it when they come out.

I don't know if the company is keeping a list of people wanting the 2-door kit but you could contact them to and ask to be on the list in case they do have one.

akpostal

Adventurer
I don't know if the company is keeping a list of people wanting the 2-door kit but you could contact them to and ask to be on the list in case they do have one.

Sent them a contact about the sliders. I have to call them tomorrow or soon for other items, shipping to AK can be a pain sometimes

jscherb

Expedition Leader
MORryde shipped the fridge slide yesterday and tracking info says it will arrive tomorrow.

I decided to delay the fridge battery experiments a few days while I wait for some instrumentation I ordered to enable the most accurate testing possible. I ordered a dual LED display volt + amp meter (http://www.mpja.com/Mini-Panel-Meter-Dual-LED-Display-30-Volts-10-Amps-DC/productinfo/30303+ME):

30303.jpg

This meter will allow me to monitor the battery voltage as the fridge drains the battery, and see how the current draw varies over time (fridge initial cooling vs. fridge maintaining set temperature).

jscherb

Expedition Leader
If you've following this thread a while you may remember in Feb/Mar I designed a range of JK and TL/LJ brackets for mounting the MultiPod LEDs. About a month ago I sent engineering drawings off to a hardware company for manufacturing, and today a box full of preproduction brackets arrived. Now I've got to get them all installed and verified over the next couple of days and get feedback to the manufacturing engineers so these can get into production. There are two copies of each bracket in the box. Lots to install and test, wish I had an assistant nearby :).

PreProdBrackets_zpsa5qihvd9.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Beyond excited to be installing slider windows in my JKU this weekend!

I'm sure you'll find the install to be very straightforward, but if you have any questions or issues during the install shoot me an email - I should get it on my phone within a few minutes and I'll get right back to you.

rubicon91

Explorer
If you've following this thread a while you may remember in Feb/Mar I designed a range of JK and TL/LJ brackets for mounting the MultiPod LEDs. About a month ago I sent engineering drawings off to a hardware company for manufacturing, and today a box full of preproduction brackets arrived. Now I've got to get them all installed and verified over the next couple of days and get feedback to the manufacturing engineers so these can get into production. There are two copies of each bracket in the box. Lots to install and test, wish I had an assistant nearby :).

PreProdBrackets_zpsa5qihvd9.jpg

sweet what I like to see here and you do have an assistant close by. Well close by when you are in town down here ********!!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
sweet what I like to see here and you do have an assistant close by. Well close by when you are in town down here ********!!

Hey Donny,

I'll have to get the brackets installed and verified before I leave for Florida so they can get into production as soon as possible, but I'll bring all the brackets and the LEDs with me to Florida and we can play with them on your Jeep if you want.

I would bring the fridge slide, it has arrived but due to a typo on my part it's the wrong one. I called MORryde and fell on my sword about the typo and they said they'd send the correct one to me in Florida. I'll install it while I'm down there so you'll get to see that too.

I'll be arriving Florida Monday 8th May and probably will be there 10 days or perhaps longer, so we'll have time to get together.

rubicon91

Explorer
Hey Donny,

I'll have to get the brackets installed and verified before I leave for Florida so they can get into production as soon as possible, but I'll bring all the brackets and the LEDs with me to Florida and we can play with them on your Jeep if you want.

I would bring the fridge slide, it has arrived but due to a typo on my part it's the wrong one. I called MORryde and fell on my sword about the typo and they said they'd send the correct one to me in Florida. I'll install it while I'm down there so you'll get to see that too.

I'll be arriving Florida Monday 8th May and probably will be there 10 days or perhaps longer, so we'll have time to get together.

That is awesome. Just text or call me when you get down and let me know what free time you have and we can go from there. I happy to see the brackets are in. I am ready to get a few of those lights once they come available. Safe travels Jeff!

unkamonkey

Explorer
Hey Donny,

Wow, somebody that will actually admit they screwed up instead of blaming it on some someone else. Walk with pride.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few days ago I posted about the box of pre-production MultiPod LED mounts that arrived. Today I installed all of them to verify the fit and details. Mostly they're very good, but I'll ask for a few tweaks and adjustments before they go to production. Here's what they look like.

JK A-Pillar mount:

JKAPillar_zpsdg0ttuw5.jpg

JK Windshield Mount:

JKWindshield_zpsusn6lmzi.jpg

JK Hood Hinge Mount; one, two and three pod options:

JKHoodHinge_zpsgmlapnw9.jpg

TJ Windshield Mount:

TJWindshield_zpspuubpg8z.jpg

TJ A-Pillar Mount:

TJAPillar_zpsqduknwvq.jpg

TJ Hood Hinge Mount; one, two and three pod options:

TJHoodHinge_zps3bnlwuio.jpg

AMPS adapter - enables an LED pod to mount to any industry-standard AMPS mount, such as the ball mount shown:

AMPSAdapter_zpsqjgqswup.jpg

I also received pricing from the hardware company and I think these mounts can retail for very reasonable prices.

akpostal

Adventurer
Finally added the third bracket to the HD hinges.

18155906_680401248824875_6811455082609155318_o.jpg

I want to add a 2 locking sliding shelves to the rack. On the passenger side it would slide out and on the drivers side it would slide in to be used when the gate is open.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I received the following question in email today:

Jeff I've seen images on another site where the fellow made a fiberglass cargo cover. But up and discontinued this after he sold his jeep.. Seeing how you're the master of fiberglass, is it possible to pick up where he left off?.

I replied to the email, but the email bounced with "Your message wasn't delivered because the address couldn't be found". Since I know the person is a member here I'll reply in this thread and he'll probably get the answer.

My answer:

Since I haven't seen the cover you're talking about I can't comment specifically on that, but in general a fiberglass cargo area cover would be a fairly straightforward project. The only design details that would take some thought are sealing around the roll bars and exactly how it hinges/folds, but once that's figured out making the molds and parts wouldn't be difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online