Leveling jack question

Javelinadave

Adventurer
Why don't you give the retailer a call and ask? I'm sure their information would be better than any speculation from here.

grogie

Like to Camp
Why don't you give the retailer a call and ask? I'm sure their information would be better than any speculation from here.

Seriously, why bother with that kind of a response? Personally I like these kinds of questions as it can generate positive comments that we can all learn by.

Thanks for stopping by. :rolleyes:

OZKAM

G,Day cwadej
Think you will find the lengths mentioned refer to how far the stabilizer will drop down, so for an 18" drop it would pay to get one that would drop for argument sake 21" to allow for a bit of uneven ground..
Not sure how these types handle a lot of sand and mud grit for offroaders though, my take on them is theyre best suited for highway huggers ..

Javelinadave

Adventurer
Seriously, why bother with that kind of a response? Personally I like these kinds of questions as it can generate positive comments that we can all learn by.

Thanks for stopping by. :rolleyes:

So somebody tells him wrong, he orders the wrong length stabilizer and has to ship it back on his own dime. Come on, that isn't helpful to anybody is it?

grogie

Like to Camp
So somebody tells him wrong, he orders the wrong length stabilizer and has to ship it back on his own dime. Come on, that isn't helpful to anybody is it?

Your answer was more along the lines of that's a stupid question then being helpful. What a brilliant idea to contact the manufacturer! Wow!

Javelinadave

Adventurer
Your answer was more along the lines of that's a stupid question then being helpful. What a brilliant idea to contact the manufacturer! Wow!
Damn your good. Ever thought of being a board moderator? How about the thought commissar? Your fellow board members need you more than ever!!! Step up and rid this place of people with different ideas that you have.

***Apologies to the original poster. I'm no sure why grogie started or why he continues his campaign. I hate having to return things, especially mail-order stuff and hate for anybody else to have to do the same. Despite what the self appointed post police thinks I suggested you call the manufacture to avoid such an issue. I hope you get the answer to your stabilizer question. I'll be installing some self made ones this fall on my 416 project.

Last edited:

stomperxj

Explorer
I'm fairly certain I put the 36" model on the Sawtooth XL. My frame is about 24" to the ground if I remember correctly. I can safely raise my tires 4-6" off the ground with that setup.

cwadej

just a guy
Yes, I can call the vendor. Frequently they know nothing other than what's on the box, or can''t think outside their application for something.

Stomperxi, Where did you find 36" ? Longest i find are 31" at that link.

Also, does anyone know anything about the BAL telescopic setup here:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-jacks/rv-leveling-jacks.htm

Looks like the jacks are mounted already on a track, but still lower independently. Anyone?

thanks again

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Has anyone heard of "search"?...

If IRCC there's at least 6 threads already started about this type of leveler and leveling....

And contacting the manufacturer was great advice.

cwadej

just a guy
what should i search with?
BAL?
level?
jack?
leveling?

Or are you one of those who espouses that once a subject has been discussed, it shouldnt be done again?

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I did an advanced search (changed the parameters to show posts, not threads) using the keywords, "BAL leveling jacks."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94