Need coolant diagram for 352a

1leg

Explorer
I have a customer that is having a over heating issue, problem is the truck is to far away for me to see what he has. He wants to add a second radiator. The truck is not used for expedtion but on a farm. Anyone have a diagram of the coolant system I'm not convinced that a second radaitor is needed but that he may have something hooked up wrong. The guy has no way of sending me pictures.

Thanks guys for any help you can give me i search for a diagram on line but could not find one.

Tennmogger

Explorer
A 352 engine could be in any Unimog from the small 406 to the highest payload Mogs. They are all plumbed differently. Getting the Unimog model number is important. The OM-352A is a turbo'ed engine (designated by the "A"). You might want to verify that. That would be unusual in a farm/agricultural Unimog. If a turbo'ed engine was added in the place of a plain OM-352, and using the same radiator, that could certainly cause overheating at max engine output (but not normally).

A thermostat sticking, plugged/dirty radiator, or bad water pump should all be checked out. Typically an OM-352 will run all day under load and not overheat. I'm with you, adding a second radiator would be ignoring the root of the problem.

Has your customer admitted to changing the coolant system?

Bob

1leg

Explorer
Thank you for your response and info.

He did mention something about the impellors on these pumps wearing out. I will need to ask him a few more questions about it being an original turbo our not. He said the radiator did not have a cap and that it used an expansion tank as a fill point. but when he explained how it was plumbed it did not make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles