2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

toyotech

Expedition Leader
just did a trip to Mojave. Tundra did extremely well following 3-5th gen runners on tight trails. got tons of pin stripping but trip was worth it. even made it up a donkey trail with no tire tracks with no lockers. I was worried since the other guys all have elockers.

Map is missing the 1st half of the 1st day. some how the trace was lost. maybe i turned of the ipad or something. anyways. most pictures are in order lol

11071168_10203649667273551_2801695947640197879_n.jpg

start of with some flex shots when truck was still clean. it wasnt fully flex out but looks good

DSCN3385_zpsf1hepdim.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3388_zps0xlay86c.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3389_zpsm8d60hi8.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3386_zpspja66mdq.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3396_zpsw9pdyk5q.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3395_zpsokwwdvsf.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3399_zpsk1jyjvaf.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3414_zpsklpz4kf0.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3424_zpsbnv3hflx.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3440_zpszrgzwn3p.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3490_zps54arzyah.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3539_zpswp6akahl.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3553_zpszkamk1jy.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3588_zpsetf79uie.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3625_zpsyfjm5otl.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3637_zpsmbne7mce.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3639_zps0nh2asxu.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSCN3651_zpsyeiooarj.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3691_zpshxvupjnd.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3692_zpsw9rg5zxp.jpg
[/URL][/img]

toyotech

Expedition Leader
DSCN3714_zpssuamipbf.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3718_zpsdqcca4s7.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3733_zpshbhklt2r.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3760_zpsxxbx3dk4.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSCN3760_zpsxxbx3dk4.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3768_zpszvf7lvfs.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3772_zpsox484rnk.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3777_zpsmmagrvnp.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3557_zpsxffgvbhw.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3580_zpsi9ukacyg.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3630_zpsz0rmie5u.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3614_zpsww1wkc5t.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3663_zpsroa9l73e.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3665_zpss2inqn05.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3671_zpsfkjrqjz8.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3685_zpsmiknnm4i.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3694_zps1zul1lzk.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3725_zpsk4umg4ow.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3751_zpsjcldfmn4.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3762_zpsuhoz873h.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSCN3764_zpslrpjqaba.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3774_zpsxezqea5n.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3701_zpspbflk6dx.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSCN3796_zps56kirov2.jpg
[/URL][/img]

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Awesome! Love the new wheels. Looks like an awesome trip.

200 miles of off road driving in 3 days. Was an amazing trip. Love the 12v fridge. Never again go back to ice chest. Love the wheels and managed to pick up 5 LC rims for $110!!!!!

I need to work on a better storage system. Mainly a quicker way to strap my stuff down but still have access to open the action packs when strapped down. The side access makes this possible and saves time unpacking and strapping just to get to stuff. Fridge is looking to be moved behind the seats and removing back seats out completely. Never needed them and the bench up front will allow 3 passengers if ever needed but it has always been two of us plus two lap dogs.

Moab in May is my next trip I need to get truck ready for. 12hr drive one way.
Get some 12v fans installed and pick up a better battery.

I ran a getto duel battery set up in Mojave till I figure out if I need two batteries or one. I basically carried a spare red top in bed and hooked it up via jumper cables at night to the cheapo main battery. Truck fired up every morning on both batteries and I let it hooked up for 10mins each morning. Worked great I guess lol.

Looking to adding extra water storage on each side of the rear bed sides since they are just empty spaces there. Hook up air pressure to them and run a hose up to my jug on swing out. Well that's the goal. Just need to figure out how to mount the extra water cans I have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skrillah

Adventurer
Awesome build! Though, i'm curious with all that weight...still with stock leafs with 1" block? How do you like the 5100s?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
It's not really that much more weight in the rear. The factory bumper and hitch weights around 100lbs. I'm sure my brute force rear bumper isn't that much more. Besides the bumper. The truck is Made to carry weight in the bed. My camping gear doesn't weight that much. Most the weight in the rear would be the extra water and fuel. Maybe the topper.
I know the rear end feels smooth with my weekend gear in it. The 5100 have been great. It's only like 1.5-2 inch lift in front. I still have room to lift it more which I might once I get the winch installed.

I really don't need much lift but I did have to clearance the area above the mud flap even for 265/75r16 tires.

I really wanted the truck built very simple since my goal is to put tons of miles on it and don't want complicated parts to deal with.
I seen a lot of very stock rigs on expo that get out more than overbuilt ones with all the bells and whistles. I rather focus m money and time making it a better base camp rig but able to handle miles of dirt road as well.
I been wanting to do wheeliers 3 leaf pack for the rear to get rid of the block. I'm just worry the 3 leaf addition may give me more lift than I want. I really want the front no higher than 2.2 inches. Cv boots don't last long at 3 inches imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Need some help. I currently have a factory bed liner and a carpet kit on top. Now. I want to remove the liner and just have the carpet kit because the liner traps a lot of dirt under it and hard to remove with a topper. I'm afraid if I remove the liner that I will lose my barrier for heat and cold. I could insulate under the carpet but I would have to make the insulation an easy removal for clean up.

Also I'm getting dust and tiny pebbles getting to the bed around the bed sides. Need to figure out how to seal that up.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I know this is no help for your current question, but I have to say you have one seriously nice Tundra. It looks great and is really well set up. I love those bumpers.

Looks like you really use it for a lot of fun. Awesome!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Thank you. I wish I could spend all my time traveling but till than. I take any chance i can and just go find the next adventure. !!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Ok so the battle plan is to remove liner. Lay down styrofoam the shape of the bed. Than cut out a big piece of wood (maybe two part) shape of bed and lay on top of foam. This will allow me install some flush mount e track system. Than lay my carpet kit back on top. Now the hard part will be. Do I cut the carpet kit for the e track or sell carpet kit. The wood won't be a issue because I will roll out my futon mattress when it's bed time so the floor will be soft to crawl on.

Anyone see anything bad with this set up. Also I might build the bed sides up with woods. So basically i dropping in a inner bed made out wood with insulation between metal and wood.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Need some help. I currently have a factory bed liner and a carpet kit on top. Now. I want to remove the liner and just have the carpet kit because the liner traps a lot of dirt under it and hard to remove with a topper. I'm afraid if I remove the liner that I will lose my barrier for heat and cold. I could insulate under the carpet but I would have to make the insulation an easy removal for clean up.

Also I'm getting dust and tiny pebbles getting to the bed around the bed sides. Need to figure out how to seal that up.

I think the solution you are looking for is Bed Rugs. It would replace your current plastic liner, insulate, and are easy to clean. It also looks and feels like carpet.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I think the solution you are looking for is Bed Rugs. It would replace your current plastic liner, insulate, and are easy to clean. It also looks and feels like carpet.

i do have a bed rug aka carpet kit. i already ripped out the liner and lay down some insulation than a flat board on top which will give me a way to attack tie down without making holes in the bed.. than on top of that is the bed rug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior