2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I wish my underframe looked as clean as yours. Are you locking the front and the rear?

I pressure wash the underside with every car wash
Locking just the rear. Love to do the front too bit it be another $1300

Ya it's tight getting it out, lots of wiggling

Well it wasn't hard if you remove the two bolts on the rear mount instead of the 12mm hex. Gonna suck putting it back in. Took two people to get it out and a floor jack lol
I miss working for toyota with access to the lifts

anyone ever remove the front add black plastic cover or a photo of what's inside? I broke the vent breather and I want to open it up to see if I can make a new hole and plug the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seanpistol

Explorer
I don't, it was inop and went in the trash. I don't miss any of the electronics even a little bit. You still doing a manual hub swap? Lock that front shift fork and swap to the manual case with twin sticks!!!!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I don't, it was inop and went in the trash. I don't miss any of the electronics even a little bit. You still doing a manual hub swap? Lock that front shift fork and swap to the manual case with twin sticks!!!!

Yeah I'm probably gonna do the manual hubs while I wait for the diffs to get geared and locked.
I have a manual tube I can install to swap out the add tube but I like to keep the factory t case for now. Just now sure how I'll be able to engage 4hi/low without the front actuator in place. I think I can just jump two pins for the limit switch so the ecu knows the front add is engaged.

smokeysevin

Observer
I regret buying the stock tundra transfer case, its still sitting in the box in my garage but I should have bought a real manual one. Especially since I already have the manual hub swap parts.

Sean

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I am pretty sure Dyogim had it wired up to actuate it with a switch.

I can't wait to get the twin sticks in.

Well I want to ditch the front actuator and add tube. I have a manual one I can swap it out for but I don't want any flashing lights when I engage 4hi/low. I would need to trick the computer that the front add has engaged. Probably just need to play around with it when I have time

Twin sticks only 2wd low

I regret buying the stock tundra transfer case, its still sitting in the box in my garage but I should have bought a real manual one. Especially since I already have the manual hub swap parts.

Sean

I can pick up a manual t case for around 150. Can get them from 3rd gen runner. Basically any j shift t case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Had a personal trip to Arizona which happens to be where Zuk gear installed lives. He was 25mins from where I was visiting and gave me to perfect opportunity to drop my diffs off to him to get regear and have the harrop installed. Parts are all on order so won't been seeing them till early next month. I boxed them up for him as they would need to be shipped back to me.

Now to work on other things while it's jacked up. Got the water tank and air tank to deal with. Plus figure out the manual hub and how to ditch the add tube but still be able to use push button for t case.

f2f926498eddd9862fa8255818ce16b7.jpg

fe1d0216b1b4b804402186f5073870f5.jpg
06e14a8c61d55cb056606d9725f8fe31.jpg
a59a03faf85ddc936120aa978e3c6cb5.jpg

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Are you already out of AZ? I'm not too far from Zuk

I went over the weekend. Already back. Got to meet Zuk. Nice guy. If it wasn't for my GF wanting to leave I would have spent all day there talking to him.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Phase two of the tundra transformation. Been dying to do manual hubs and found a set of Tacoma manual hubs a year ago. Now I'm barely gonna get them installed. Or atleast try. Biggest challenge is figuring out the CV axles. For now I know what I need. And that's another factory taco manual cv axle as I only have one complete and one missing the outer cv which I need lol.

69dd037b929c737983cbbf07d13ac124.jpg
9abea6e1331d86f164da34bd2bbf2eaf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94