Project "Autonomous" F-350

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Oh joy. I got my priming rod but now I have another issue. The distributer is stuck in the block. Apparently this is a Ford thing. At least it's in the front. I soaked it in tap magic (it's a machining or cutting fluid). After a couple hours I am able to turn it slightly by beating it with a hammer. Hopefully it will loosen up and I can pull it out. I've watched a couple horror movies on youtube with people completely destroying the distributer to get it out. Seems like a silly thing to pray for, but here I am. Help me Jesus.

Kingsize24

Not sure if yours is stuck from the electrolysis fit between the block and the aluminum distributor, or if yours is one with a stuck oil pump drive. I've had some twist slightly and lock them in tight, but if you have an air hammer you can try removing the lid and the center tab to peen on the steel shaft a few times to try and loosen things up. If that doesn't work, take the snap ring off the top of the shaft and slide the distributor body off the shaft, then you can work on removing the shaft and oil pump drive.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Not sure if yours is stuck from the electrolysis fit between the block and the aluminum distributor, or if yours is one with a stuck oil pump drive. I've had some twist slightly and lock them in tight, but if you have an air hammer you can try removing the lid and the center tab to peen on the steel shaft a few times to try and loosen things up. If that doesn't work, take the snap ring off the top of the shaft and slide the distributor body off the shaft, then you can work on removing the shaft and oil pump drive.
WOW, Thanks for the tips!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier