Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, I broke it.

Hmm... perhaps time for the heavier duty complete frame transplant.......

Sorry to see that happen! what about a different mounting technique to spread the load more evenly down the rails?

How many mounting points does you body have to the subframe rails?

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

Wow. Not to be too obvious here but That Sucks!

Clearly the mustache was to manly for the frame to handle!

This is Doug's former truck, is that right? So the frame broke in a different place than previously? Do you have plans on how to replace/strengthen it?

No definite plans on the repair as yet. I'm going to consult with a few folks that are much better at welding than I am and go from there.

My rough plan is to repair this big break and any other cracks I find, and then investigate modifying the sub frame mounting method.

Swapping in a new set of used frame rails from Busbees? Just read your blog for the first time. If I'd have known you were heading to the Purgatoire I could have told you you can camp at the trailhead for the dinosaur track trail. We've had our Fuso out there. We've ridden bikes out to the tracks. We've gone out there a couple of times in the fall to see all the tarantulas seeking sex.

Quote Originally Posted by kerry View Post
    Swapping in a new set of used frame rails from Busbees? Just read your blog for the first time. If I'd have known you were heading to the Purgatoire I could have told you you can camp at the trailhead for the dinosaur track trail. We've had our Fuso out there. We've ridden bikes out to the tracks. We've gone out there a couple of times in the fall to see all the tarantulas seeking sex.
    Yeah it annoyed us that everything we had read said that there was no camping there.

I'm more likely to keep welding up what I've got. I'm going to talk with the guys that weld up frame rails all the time (tow truck guys, etc) and see what they think.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast