Das Bus

dirtmerchants

I'm curious what adhesive you tried using for the foam board insulation. An insulation approved one? There are stronger ones that don't have the same approval (perhaps chemically melting the board?). Foam board was my original plan so hopefully I can make it work.

Durangotang

How did the vehicle handle on the narrow backroads? I've been looking at a mini bus over econoline for a little addition space but don't know how much maneuverability i wanna sacrifice.

hitek79

Explorer
How did the vehicle handle on the narrow backroads? I've been looking at a mini bus over econoline for a little addition space but don't know how much maneuverability i wanna sacrifice.

I built this rig to take the whole family and our gear to a remote location. It's definitely too big for a lot of areas in Colorado. It's great in the desert though. I take my 4runner if I'll be on tight trails.

polomasta

oh man.. coming across this build thread today may push me over the edge on buying an '01 e450 21 passenger shuttle bus I just found instead of the '91 e350 pathfinder I've had my eye on.

Great looking rig!

Oldcarnut

Adventurer
Do it! You won't regret it. Glad I bought a bus instead of Type II Ambo I was looking for originally. More space always welcome for me.

simspace

This is an awesome build. I've been wanting to do a shuttle bus conversion. This is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles