LR3 Hitch Options?

perkj

Explorer
similar in that the hitch is raised to the same point. This one appears to be a bit stouter than the Mitchell Hitch when you look at the difference in the amount of steel material used.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Here are the measurements I promised.

Ball mount pushed all the way in:
]
ok, that's looking good to me so far. Would be a great choice for an off road trailer application.

Ooh, here's a question now that I think I might like to get this thing, what is the distance from pin center to face of bumper? I'd like to know for comparing the change in front to rear location of the pin from factory version to this version. I've found the factory location to be a bit tight sometimes but this may only be an inch or two further out the back which is still a plus.

perkj

Explorer
Perkj it's been a year + now-- how did things turn out for you?

The hitch has been absolutely perfect. Todd sent me the final production version many months ago that covers all the input myself and others provided on the prototype versions we were testing (things like addition of chain holes, larger diameter recovery point, upgraded washers, etc, etc). The production version is a thing of beauty and is stout as hell. I've primarily been using it for a raise hitch carrier for camping trips and have had zero issues with it. I've also used it to pull a u-haul enclosed trailer and auto trailer, again with absolutely no issues. The U-Haul owner even commented on how impressive the hitch was in terms of build quality.

For anyone interested the hitches are now available and they are offered in two finishes - smooth and a rough texture (see pictures below). I've also included a picture showing the load ratings of the hitch. I have a camp trip this weekend and I'll post some pictures with the carrier loaded up on the hitch.

The price for the hitch is $595.00 and below is the information if you're interested in purchasing:

https://www.facebook.com/DifferentialPartsUS (more pics can be seen here as well)

AWOL Offroad:
info@awoloffroad.com
512-698-6169

IMG_20160226_121345826_HDR-s.jpg

IMG_20160226_121320814_HDR-s.jpg

towingcapacityLasercut(1).jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

Last edited:
The hitch has been absolutely perfect. Todd sent me the final production version many months ago that covers all the input myself and others provided on the prototype versions we were testing (things like addition of chain holes, larger diameter recovery point, upgraded washers, etc, etc). The production version is a thing of beauty and is stout as hell. I've primarily been using it for a raise hitch carrier for camping trips and have had zero issues with it. I've also used it to pull a u-haul enclosed trailer and auto trailer, again with absolutely no issues. The U-Haul owner even commented on how impressive the hitch was in terms of build quality.

For anyone interested the hitches are now available and they are offered in two finishes - smooth and a rough texture (see pictures below). I've also included a picture showing the load ratings of the hitch. I have a camp trip this weekend and I'll post some pictures with the carrier loaded up on the hitch.

The price for the hitch is $595.00 and below is the information if you're interested in purchasing:

https://www.facebook.com/DifferentialPartsUS (more pics can be seen here as well)

AWOL Offroad:
info@awoloffroad.com
512-698-6169

View attachment 337363

View attachment 337364

View attachment 337365

View attachment 337380

Pretty sweet! Any idea if it will bolt up to a rig with a Tactical Rovers rear bumper???????????????????????????????

Believe it will, haven't had access to one to try. Full refund if it won't work for you.

Okay, I'm talking to Eric now at TR about my bumpers. They go to powder coat tomorrow. Can you tell me what the finish is for the rough finish? I would like my bumpers that finish to match the hitch when I order it.

unseenone

Explorer
It's proprietary from South Africa. Might not be available in the US, but perhaps the materials can be sourced.. I can check on it for you. Dropped you a PM.. My Patent attorney and I would appreciate it not being knocked off (hitch).. LOL

It's called VEDOC – VPU POLYURETHANE POWDERCOATING FERROGRAIN

t

Last edited:
It's proprietary from South Africa. Might not be available in the US, but perhaps the materials can be sourced.. I can check on it for you. Dropped you a PM.. My Patent attorney and I would appreciate it not being knocked off.. LOL

It's called VEDOC – VPU POLYURETHANE POWDERCOATING FERROGRAIN

t

hahaa, no patent violations here brother. I can find something that might be close. I sent your hitch pic to Eric at TR and asked him to get it as close to possible with his powder-coater. No name of the process, just the open source pic and said "try and make it look like that!" :clapsmile

unseenone

Explorer
LOL, no problem. There is no problem with him sourcing the actual material from the company for the finish, that's their business, it's the hitch I am talking about. If you can stand the delay.. I'll try to work with him to make it happen.

LOL, no problem. There is no problem with him sourcing the actual material from the company for the finish, that's their business, it's the hitch I am talking about. If you can stand the delay.. I'll try to work with him to make it happen.

Ha, I wouldn't worry about that. Your product seems tried and true and you went through the trouble to get the certification so I have better things to do then try and reinvent the wheel. I have a few other purchases lined up to pay off first, and then I'll be ordering your hitch kit to go along with my M416 Build with the Lock-N-Roll coupler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier