Lockable Lid Latches....

yotes65

Observer
I'm looking for some decent Lockable Lid Latches to use on the lid on my M416 trailer. I've used the "Contact Us" page on Adventure Trailers web site to find out if they sell the ones they use... that was a week ago & I have not heard anything back. I did received a read noticed for the email I sent. I believe they use one similar to:

locking_latch.jpg

From the searching I've done I can only find these from UK web sites. I've tried looking at http://www.destaco.com/ however I must be one heck of a noob because I can't make out which latches are lockable or not.

Which latches have you found to work vs not worth crap? The latches that my lid builder installed didn't even last the highway trip from Phoenix up to the Expo this past May. I'm currently using ratchet straps to keep my lid closed. No an ideal solution but one that currently works.

Many Thanks in Advance!

brentbba

Explorer
I think I've got the same ones from Mcmaster that ManleyORV linked above. Beefy enough for my M101CDN w/Eezi-Awn Globetrotter on top to give you an idea of weight they latch down.

ManleyORV

Rugged. Reliable. Ready.
Many Thanks Josh... Placed my order & they seem to be shipping today. :)

No problem. Be prepared to be blown away by McMaster Carr's service and speedy delivery! They are the one supplier we deal with that never disappoints. I'd buy stock if I could!

-Josh

yotes65

Observer
No problem. Be prepared to be blown away by McMaster Carr's service and speedy delivery! They are the one supplier we deal with that never disappoints. I'd buy stock if I could!

-Josh

Wow, you were right, super fast delivery.

I see why you mentioned you make you catches... I may need to have a friend make a couple for my trailer to fit the area where I think I want to mount them.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior