New guy with gen3 montero

jhill15

Explorer
Hey everyone I just wanted to say hello and give a little intro to myself. Ive got a 2003 montero limited, ive had it for about 2 months now and love it.
epuje3aj.jpg

y8atuzu7.jpg

e7a2y5a4.jpg

I dont know much about these as im new to mitsubishi but not new to 4x4's my last rig was a 2004 Nissan Xterra and before that a 2001 land rover discovery ii

Im stoked to start a build thread and get to modding this montero.

Thanks

Last edited:

Clem

Adventurer
Welcome to the forum!

I'm curious too, about your progression of vehicles...Was the XTerra too small?

Clem

jhill15

Explorer
Thsnks guys, i pretty much spent every weekend under my disco fixing repairs and ended up lucking into a parts truck so I could keep up with constant break downs. I loved it though...and my wife hated it lol so it was time to let it go. After that I bought the xterra and drove it for a year then trying to cram a stroller 2 kids a couple dogs it was way to cramped. I always loved the monteros and I wasnt spent on the gen3 but more on the gen2 but ended up buying a gen3 cause I couldnt pass up the deal. Its like the rover, geared a little higher but more reliable and 3rd row seating. Im looking forwars to taking this thing on some adventures.
jyhahegu.jpg

y3epe5u4.jpg

dybarasu.jpg

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=155461
I think my first mods will be
Bedline all the plastics
Trim the front bumper
Wheel spacers
Some nice all terrains
Roof cage
Hood black out
Lift
Oh...and a new head unit with an aux port so my wife can plug her phone into lol.

Last edited:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
You'll like the space with that size of family.

We moved on from an old TL, then an XJ, then the Gen 3 as it was the right size. Just finished a 3 week, 5000 mile road trip and my '01 performed well and the space was great.

Welcome to the forum.

jhill15

Explorer
Thanks a bunch, we are lovin the space and I finally found an suv that my wife loves as equally as I do lol.

jhill15

Explorer
I ended up bedlining my grill and front bumper. Heres what I ended up with.
a6e5udur.jpg

7ybugu8y.jpg

Finished product
tu4ypahy.jpg

egybyjy8.jpg

zemyde7a.jpg

I set out to plasti dip and ended up with bedliner and im not sure or set on it yet. I used the rustolium spray on bedliner and the bad thing is that it doesnt go on thick enough and after all the work I did I feel like its probably gonna blow off after the first car wash lol.

On a side note I really like how the grill turned out.

jhill15

Explorer
Thanks man, Its definitely growing on me, and I think the brown and gold trim is whats making me like more. I gonna have to do it sections lol cause with work the family my "me time" is limited to only sundays. But, im fore sure gonna finish the trim. I think that for the rest I will use roll on bedliner.

jhill15

Explorer
I thought I would post the led conversion that I did prior to joing the forum.

Here the high power cree led headlights from heliosoptix
vepegehy.jpg

The difference between 4300k halogen and 5000k led
unedequr.jpg

With cree led fogs...ordered 5000k but they are really around 8000k
y8uhebu4.jpg

Headlight and fog pattern
ezeja6an.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member