Offroad Meteorite popup camper build w/ cross country 6k mile trip to follow

silvrzuki77

explorer
On your trailer is there tubing on each corner for the lift cable? Or does it run through your campers body? And more pics of the underside during construction?

I realized this is the worst build thread... i lost all the pics of any actual work...
i can get more pics tomorrow of the underside.
The cables are not in tubes, they are out in the open, running from each corner toward the middle, then to a simple drum.

Before the camper was on the new trailer i wasn't sure if i wanted to keep the old frame or try to separate the camper from the old frame and mount it to the military frame. The cables run in the frame area so i would have to deal with that, plus the camper is literally screwed to the frame in a thousand places. I think the camper would have fallen apart while moving it if it didn't have the original frame.

silvrzuki77

explorer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406759876.458734.jpg
My starcraft doesn't go through the frame. Bummer. More and more I measure, I dont think my m116A3 trailer is going to work. M116 frame is 45.5" wide and the starcraft is 55". Lots of extra work versus building another frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles