Bluehash's slow build thread - 2013 JKUR

bluehash

Adventurer
A big thanks to Oscar the Grouch, for sending me a tire carrier due to a crack I developed backing into a tree.

Cracked housing. It seemed ok, but travelling on the highway with a cracked housing seemed un-settling.
dceiwsA.jpg

Oscar mailed me his. Thanks Oscar!

All swaped and done!

FBwGgiW.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
Added bestop lockbox for the drivers side. Install took 1 hour. Had to get a breaker bar to get the seat bolts off to get enough leverage.
I got the box for $40 from Amazon warehouse deals on prime day. When I received it, the drawer rattled like hell, even when not installed. It seems bestop changed the slider design from ball bearing to a cheaper one with no bearings. This causes the drawer to rattle around as there is alot of play. I added a little weather stripping on each side of the inner slide rail. No rattles!

Anyway some pics:

TFNbht9l.jpg

0mKKD1Nl.jpg

h6RJWWEl.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
Just a few pics to show how the Morryde Jerry Can Holder looks. I have both the driver's and passenger's side. However, the black was too distracting, so I sprayed two coats of Rustoleum Oregano to match the Jeep's commando green color. It is on the lighter side, but enough to show that there is a mount present. I wanted to try out the driver's side first followed by the passenger's side.

Below are pics with different cans - 20L Scepter, 10L NATO Gas can and a .50cal ammo can. The big 20L has to be mounted as shown with spout pointing to the front. Placing it the on other side will hit the mirror when the door is full open.

The mount doubles up as a place to hold tools too when working under the hood.

Also.. I took out the trail badge to place on the mount.

bRdnbx4l.jpg

Op04PMMl.jpg

byppUx2l.jpg

7UT1xRPl.jpg

ORt5ySdl.jpg

bluehash

Adventurer
I fly 250 class multirotors. A Rigid toolbox fits snugly in the Jerry can holder. The toolbox holds my multirotor and long range radio.
The toolbox touches the door mirror a wee bit.. so I have to be careful about that.

iQGh7IAh.jpg

Last edited:

JKU87

Adventurer
Bluehash - where in MA are you located? Check out my thread in the Northeast section. I'm trying to get some local rigs together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluehash

Adventurer
Bluehash - where in MA are you located? Check out my thread in the Northeast section. I'm trying to get some local rigs together.

I'm in Waltham :)
Could you give me a link to the meetup? I'll try to make it if one is organized. I can help too.

texploration

Adventurer
Just a few pics to show how the Morryde Jerry Can Holder looks. I have both the driver's and passenger's side. However, the black was too distracting, so I sprayed two coats of Rustoleum Oregano to match the Jeep's commando green color. It is on the lighter side, but enough to show that there is a mount present. I wanted to try out the driver's side first followed by the passenger's side.

Below are pics with different cans - 20L Scepter, 10L NATO Gas can and a .50cal ammo can. The big 20L has to be mounted as shown with spout pointing to the front. Placing it the on other side will hit the mirror when the door is full open.

The mount doubles up as a place to hold tools too when working under the hood.

Also.. I took out the trail badge to place on the mount.

bRdnbx4l.jpg

Op04PMMl.jpg

byppUx2l.jpg

7UT1xRPl.jpg

ORt5ySdl.jpg

Oh my gosh that looks so great. Color me green with envy (Get it?) that the TJ side mounting rack is so hideous and nonfunctional.
Seriously, love the way this is coming out.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I was thinking about a 2.5 gallon Jerry can for carrying white gas for the stove and lanterns. That is such a cool little can, and looks perfect in the mount! :thumb:

minuit

@bluehash - The Jerry Can Holders look awesome. Would you be able to either measure or take pictures from the front? I want to know how if they stick out past the stock fenders at all. I'd hate to clear an obstacle only to have it knocked over by a tree.

bluehash

Adventurer
@bluehash - The Jerry Can Holders look awesome. Would you be able to either measure or take pictures from the front? I want to know how if they stick out past the stock fenders at all. I'd hate to clear an obstacle only to have it knocked over by a tree.

Sure thing.. It is within the widest part of the fender. I would be careful if you are rock crawling alot... and also will making narrow turns. I only have the driver side now as I'm closer to it when driving and can monitor if I get too close.
It is a bit rainy now.. hope this will do:

TMNTHizl.jpg

rfQxmLtl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC