JKU and Fleetwood Evolution E2

Whiskeymike

I have a 2013 JKU and considering purchasing a 2008 fleetwood evolution E2. Weight comes in at 2400lbs I think. JKU is rated for 3500. Anyone have any experience with how this might pull? Any mods I'd need to do to make it an enjoyable ride? I'm concerned that it might be too big, but we are a family of 4 and a teardrop with an added tent sounds like a pain.

SCARDUP

Observer
One of my wheeling buddies has the same setup but his jeep is an 07. He's been through three transmissions, but it's pretty hilly out here in NorCal where we camp.

2000LJ

Observer
One of my wheeling buddies has the same setup but his jeep is an 07. He's been through three transmissions, but it's pretty hilly out here in NorCal where we camp.

3 transmissions? He should upgrade to a better engine trans combo. Or go to a different transmission shop....

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
From experience those Evolutions are pretty tongue heavy. While I pulled mine with a Tundra and had no problem the gent that bought our EV1 towed it home with a 2dr JK. That Jeep's tuckus was hunkered down badly and I was real concerned he was even going to make it home. That being said the longer wheel base of the Unlimited should help substantially though you might to have to add some kind of load assist like rear airbags or what not to compensate for the weight.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
It will tow that just fine. I do not have any issues pulling similar weight through the mountains of WV. My 12' JKU has 373's with the 5 speed auto. The 3.6L is amazing and pulls strong. They are leaps and bounds better than the gutless 3.8L.

croix

Observer
Unloaded weight for an E2 is listed at 2545 and GVWR is 4400. I considered one for a while (actually was leaning towards the E1) but decided they are too heavy. I wouldn't put one behind my JKU. Just my 2 cents. -croix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94